cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Internal Activity Confirmation (Cost/Amount)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to the SAP PS Module and would urgently like to find out how to solve this problem.

anytime i partially confirms an internal activity, lets say 50% processing percentage, the system picks the complete amount from the plan cost as the confirmed cost thereby making the actual cost the the complete amount instead of 50% of the plan amount.

Another issue is that if i repeat this confirmation, lets say i now want to do a final confirmation, the system doubles up the amount on the actual cost thereby making it 200% of the plan cost.

How do i resolve this? How do i prevent a user go back to tamper with a confirmed activity that has status final confirmation?

Thanks In Anticipation

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

When you confirm the activity partially or completely , in confirmation screen you need to enter the actual time consumed till that point . or if we don't enter the time there , system defautly takes 100% planned hours. Now if you do, partial confirmation and complete confirmation then systems takes the time as 200% . So, please the check the actual hours when you are confirming.

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vangaiah,

It is not necessary to input time to calculate the work (# of hrs.) completed. That is automatically calculated using the % of work (or degree processing) as available in SAP PS default configuration. The date field is mainly used for scheduling.

Regards,

Syed Ammar Zaheer

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ammar,

I agree with you ammar. But i asking him to check by mistake if they give the hours two times.

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emeka,

Can you kindly explain the exact steps (i.e. the parameters you set) while performing the partial confirmation? And by the way which progress determination method are you using?

Also, I do not understand what you mean by actual cost getting changed. This should not be possible unless you are talking about the calculation of EVM (earned value measures like BAC etc.)?

Regards,

Syed Ammar Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Syed,

The steps taken are as follows:

1. Select the internal actvity you wish to confirm a certain percentage of completion for.

2. Goto to More -

Edit -

Activity -

Confirm

3. Enter the % you which to record as progress in the field 'Processing %' lets say 50%

4. Enter Actual date on which this progess was made in the 'Actual field' of the Confirm. section.

By actual cost getting changed i meant, when I run CN41 for my project, the report shows me that activity confirmed as 50% show on the actual column as the full amount of the plan cost (instead of 50% of the plan cost)

Dont know if i have explained it properly

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

After entering 50 % as degree of processing and 'acutal dates', what is the value in field 'work'? Is it 50 % of planned work or it is showing complete 'planned work' ?

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Emeka,

Kindly verify the activity type that is maintained in your confirmation dialogue box. The cost that is calculated for an activity confirmation is done via the 'activity type' field maintained with the work center in the confirmation dialogue box (maybe the activity type has been defined in csutomizing to double the cost).

To stop people from changing the activity once the final confirmation has been performed, you may use the user status functionality. This new status which dis-allows all business functions (or as per your requirement) can be set as soon as the final confirmation is performed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Syed Ammar Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

While confirmikng the activity are you entering personal number on confirmation screen?.

There could be one possiblity is that you might be entering the persoanl number on confirmtion screen and that pesrons rate might be double the rate maintained at activity type (planned value). After confirming the activity, might be posting actual cost (cost center of that person) as double. One more possiblity that, activity type rates might have been revised by your CO team after you set up your project.

In general, activity type maintained at network activity level would let you know the planned cost on that activity. While posting, system picks the rate maintained for that person (for which cost center that person belongs) will default.

If you are not using the person number on confirmation screen, your planned cost and actul cost would be always equals and never be either hgher side or lower side activity type rate and system never doubles the actual cost when you confirm.

Pleaes check with your CO team or you can confirm the activity type rate using KP27.

Regards,

PSR

Edited by: PSR on Aug 8, 2011 10:13 PM