cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel to SAP using VBA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know if there is any possible way of exporting data from excelt to SAP using VBA code. I was going through one of the blogs /people/kathirvel.balakrishnan2/blog/2006/05/09/data-upload-into-sap-from-microsoft-excel-150-vba-part

where in the data was exported from excel to SAP with the help of table name. Can the same be done using trasaction codes in SAP? If so, how.

Also, I would like to know,if I can record a particular session(as how we do for recording a macro in excel) and use the same recorded session for other entries too.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

P.Yogesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Whatz impossible ??

Yes you can export the data from excel to SAP using VBA, but you need to create fome RFC in SAP as well that will handle the data you will send.

1. Create a RFC function in R/3 that will read a file from specific location and perform the respective transaction.

2. Create your excel file with respective file format and call the RFC function in SAP passing the parameters as file name and other required details.

3. SAP coding for RFC will be a single time activity and then onwads you can just create excel file for upload and use VBA code to initiate the RFC call.

Hope this make some sence. Tell me if you have more queries.

Regards,

Vishal

Reward points.. if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks a lot.

But to be frank, I am dummy in SAP . We have the SAP front end in our office and we dont have much of the access to the tables of SAP. Can you please tell me how to create this RFC function. I would be grateful if you can send me a sample coding on how to do this.

Thanks a lot in advance again

Regards

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Yogesh

If you want any help with your specific requirement, contact folks at [ExcelSAP.com|http://www.excelsap.com/]. They are technically very good. They gave us a Third-Party solution deeply integrated with SAP with Single Sign-on. But before that you might want to see what they had to offer us. Here is the link to that video of [Excel to SAP|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqKlf2Ud7MU] Loader

I hope this helps.