cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Length-Sourcing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When users are created in the system and when they are changing their passwords, the system does not allow the length of the password to be less than 10 characters.

Where do we set the length of the password?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

I'm assuming E-Sourcing is pointing to an LDAP. You might want to check the LDAP settings. E-Sourcing doesn't store user password. Also, you might want to check if the "passwordlength" property is setup in the Directory Configuration.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are not using any LDAP configuration. It is a local directory.

This type of message , I have seen for the first time in directory config.

There should be a property for setting password length or any kind of config.

Please advice.

Regards,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

I hope this is not a production system. We never recommend using the local file to store passwords. It is very very insecure.

-Howie Wexler

Crafty Systems, Inc.

www.craftysystems.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a Sandbox setup. I have never had any issues with Password length in an Local directory environment.

0 Kudos

If you are using local driver, check if the "passwordlength" property is set on the Properties tab of the Directory Configuration. I am guessing that value is set to 10. Either change the value to what is desired and save the Directory Configuration.

For sandbox system this should be fine. However, as Howie pointed out, using local driver on a productive system is not recommended. In fact, the system will not let using local driver once the system is moved to production mode.

Vikram

Answers (0)