cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Alerts in Solution Manager!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am tryting to configure Auto Alerts in Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1. I have configured the system landscape and created the RFC connections to satellite systems.

I want to configure system monitoring in SolMan for Satellite systems with Auto Alerts.

I first configured the system monitoring in SolMan and assigned the processes to be monitored. Then I tried to configure Auto Alerts as following..

1) created the ARM ( Auto Reaction Method in Tx-RZ21) copying the existing one. ex: ccms_onalert_email

2) Assigned the Auto Reaction Method to the MTEs that I want to monitor in satellite system ( in Tx-RZ20)

3) Created the distribution list ( Tx-SO01)

4) Tried to send the message manually from Tx - SO01 and successful

5) I changed the threshold values to check if I get any autoalerts but Failed...:-(

I searched alot for the sap notes but finally confused.....

Please let me know if I am missing anything here...Or gimme your working exprience in steps..

Thanks,

Shai.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Srikishan,

Your article is a very helpful one. I did my configuration as it is in your article. But I do not get any auto alerts email notifications.

When I test the CCMS ping In RZ21. I get the below results.

CCMSPING: Test Results

Available Systems - CCMSPING call successful

Failed CCMSPING Calls

SID CCMS_SYSTEM_PING_DEST

Agents that are reporting errors

CCMS_SYSTEM_PING_DEST

And in RZ20 I get the below results:

Node display off

Availability and Performance Overview

Availability

RFC-Destinations

DDS

Availability: DDS

Availability 0 %

CCMSPING/Configuration Error Communication error when attempting to call CCMSPING; see CCMS_SelfMonitoring

For the Connection Data in monitoting and availability systems I did as following: ( ABAP Message server)

System : DDS

Description : Sandbox System

Message Server Host Name : bjrtssap1.ca.shainet.com

IP Service Name ms.sapDDS_DVEBMGS20

Router String

Please let me know if I am missing any configuration here.

Thanks,

Shai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shai,

For the Connection Data in monitoting and availability systems section, ABAP system details should be as below:

Message Server host name: bjrtssap1.ca.shainet.com

IP Service name: sapms<SID> in your case this should be sapmsDDS

Also goto the ..\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services file and check if the above service is defined properly:

sapmsDDS 36<instance number>

Further the CCMS Agent should be installed on the Solution Manager beforehand.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srikishan - Issues is resolved. I gave you the points.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) make sure in the Executiin tab, have you choosen the execute method option as "the Local server of the MTE to be processed"

2) in the parameter tab, have you specified the sender ID, tat user ID should be from the client 000

3)as u said that user able to send the mail for SO01, then hope so no issues in SCOT, SMTP ports. Once again check tat config also

4) I have quite old note, [Note 939616 - CCMS auto-reactions: Help with troubleshooting|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=939616], might be helpful

5) for configuration setps follow this Note 176492 - Automatic email when an alert occurs (RZ20)

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/ac/825f18c02e454dac8da51f4eb22265/content.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/ac/825f18c02e454dac8da51f4eb22265/content.htm]

Thanks,

Jansi