cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language impact on integration package.

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are installing SAP ESO 5.1, with integration package, to a SAP ERP 5.0 system.

Client requires ESO to be available in English and Spanish.

Besides installing Spanish Language Pack, pages customizations and localized resources for ESO, what additional impact will it have on the out-of-the-box integration package? Is additional development time & XI time required when using 2 languages?

Based on your experience, how much time & resources should be allocated for multilanguage operation?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gilberto,

I understand that you would like to integrate with an ERP 5.0 backend, not ERP 6.0 is this correct? In general I would recommend to use SAP Sourcing 7.0 as it provides a much nicer UI and new features, also the integration to ERP was improved. There are issues with multiple languages with the integration using 5.1, but SAP Sourcing 7 requires an ERP 6.0 backend.

best regards

Markus

0 Kudos

Thanks Howie and Mudit,

Our scenario is as follows:

Client has 2 branches (for SAP these are 2 different CoCodes):

- One in US, which maintains their master data in English and all users operate in English.

- One in Mexico, which maintains their master data in Spanish and all users operate in Spanish.

What would be you suggestion on this scenario?

Basically users will have the same behaviour in ESO: US will use EN language, MX will use ES language.

Regards,

GG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mudit is correct about the user interface...but the 5.1 integration adapter master data extractor programs do ask for you to select a language when exporting master data from ECC.

I suspect that the choice of language dictates which display name and description is extracted from ECC. Hopefully ECC maintains all of its data in Spanish as well as English...in my other international customers that was not always the case, and English tended to provide the only complete dataset.

The other possibility (although I doubt it) is that SAP would tie the selected language extract data to that corresponding language's localized resource for the item in question. I suspect that is wishful thinking and that we would be really limited to one selection for the master data extracts.

So, you might want to run the data export using es as the language if the company is a spanish-speaking company and all of its master data is maintained in SAP in the es language option..

-Howie Wexler

Crafty Systems, Inc.

www.craftysystems.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Since Language packs are just meant for the user interface only, I don't think any additional XI / development efforts is required apart from what you would have already estimated for implementing standard integration.

Regards

Mudit Saini

Edited by: Mudit_UCB on Jul 21, 2011 8:58 AM