cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Suggest - Bar One or Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have to design Bar Code Labels with Zebra Printer (140XI series or 170 series) as an output device.

As per my understanding, we can either use Bar One software (with SAPScript) or Smartforms to develop labels. It seems that BarOne has been discontinued. So could you please suggest an alternative or we can still use Bar One to design labels.

Also please suggest the efficient and faster way (BarOne or Smartforms) of developing the same.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Printing Labels using smartforms is lot more easier. I have created both Portrait and Landscape Labels(Barcodes). In Portrait mode you just need to assign Barcode in a Character format in STYLE and use it in the FORM. While in Landscape format you will have to assign Rotated Barcode to the Character format and using the command 'S_LZPL_SETUP' as '^FWR'' and turn the text of the form as well. Alignment of the Text in Landscape format is a little bit of hit and trial method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

To display Bar Codes in smartforms you need to create charecter format in smartsyles:

Example :

Charecter Format :BC

Description : Bar Code

Bar code Name : C128A

And next insert two text node in the tempalte

1. &value1& type BC for dispalying barcode lines

2. &value1& type any for dispalying vaslue for the barcode.

Regards,

Dep

Venkat_Sesha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am also Using Zebra Printer . But we dont use BAR One software. Now In the Smartforms the barcodes can be printed as per the design which you can do in SE73. And Just use the created Barcodes in your smartform. Even you can also Rotate as you wish (Example Vertical Barcodes). But you need to pass a Print Command to the Printer if necessary. Since You are saying that is a Zebra Priner. I hope the Printer Programming Language is ZPL I or ZPL II. Please Post if you have any issues while developing the code. I Hope this helps. You can also check the below Mentioned Notes for a Detailed Explanation.

I Hope tHis helps

david_liu1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

See SAP note 1557674 describes the different possibilities, how a barcode can be printed from SAP. Can you please check, whether you can use one of the other methods?

Regards,

David