cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence number over multiple adobe form calls

0 Kudos

Dear all

I posted this question in another subforum - http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1997461 - three days ago,

but nobody could answer, so I try to post it here.

We would like to have a sequence number for each page.

The Adobe Form gets called more than once, so the second call doesn't know, how many pages were printed already, thus it cannot continue the sequence number.

Do you have any ideas?

Of course, I would prefer not to publish an SAP-service only for this purpose...

(The transaction is HRFORMS, we would like to print a sequence number bar code, so that the packing machine to the envelope senses, if two pages are stuck together.)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Everybody

I was searching for the solution for two days and I have found one!

Whats more:

-no copying of HRFORMS program needed

-no standard modification needed

-no recreation of form needed

I just spied on (assigned) a standard variable in the form interface. Its not an "official" solution, but it worked flawlessly and made the client happy. Write in this tread if you need further details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem in printing current page number of an adobe form.

My requirement is that , my form got 2 pages. On first page i am not printing page numbers and excluded from numbering.

Numbering starts from second page. The second page needs to be repeated twice.

In this case my page printing should look like :

First page - no page number

second page - 1 of 1

Third page - 1of 1 (as it is a copy)

IF second page extends to multiple pages (eg.. 2)

First page - No Page no

First instance of second page - 1of 2 , 2 of 2

Second instance of second page - 1 of 2 , 2 of 2 . Presently it is printing like : 3 of 2 , 4 of 2. I need to initialize current page count. I could able to set the total page count 2 via variable from print program. But while printing the second instance, I am not able to initialize the current page count.

I have seen the following thread which exactly talks about my problem but with out any solution.

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?messageID=10601698&#10601698

I have tried initializing the current page count in the initializing event and tried assigning the initial value when the second copy starts but for entire no of pages the same initialized value is coming.

Can anyone help me in this regard.

Thank You,

Regards,

Naresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naresh,

Even I have similar requirement. Could you please help me to solve this issue.

I want to count page for one particular bodypage. from 2nd page onward for ex: first page should display 2 of 5, 3 of 5, 4 of 5 and 5 of .

Thanks,

Aisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the no of pages remain same for all the employees and if new input value can be passed this can be achived.

For every employee you pass whether this is the 2, 3rd or 10th employee being processed to the form. Use this

to set the page number instead of the below script currently used.

xfa.layout.page(this)

Thanks,

Aravind

0 Kudos

Dear Aravind

Thanks for the answer!

The number of pages changes for each employee, so I should find some way, to transfer the number of pages(or the last sequence number) from the previous adobe form call.

Is this possible?

Or are there any singleton classes in ADS, what are kept over calls?

Or any place, where the number of pages processed are stored?

Or a convenient way to call an ABAP function from ADS formcalc or javascript? (without web services involved)

Now I am thinking of reading the printed number of pages in SP01 and initializing the form depending on that, but I would not call that a very elegant solution...

Any ideas?

0 Kudos

So the problem is still not solved, but I have a new idea:

From the Adobe Forms interface I will read the print request and determine number of pages printed.

So I can hopefully set correct sequence number for the actual document.

I will keep you posted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same requirement. I have a first page with list of vendors. From 2nd page i have to print the static vendor details and dynamic PO and SO details in respective tables.

My program selection screen has select options for vendor and i need to display all these vendors in a single PDF. But for any new vendor my page count starts with 1. If you have the same requirement i can provide a solution for it.

One last thing mine is a Custom development and not a standard one.

Thank You,

Regards,

Naresh