cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicate based on a change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have this requirement where there are 10 fields in my table.

My syndication map has only 4 fields which are actually required to be syndicated.

I have set the 'Suppress unchanged fields' Option in Map.

And the outbound port is set to continuas.

Now, Whenever there is a update on any of the 10 fields its triggering a File.

But the requirement is to send a file only when Values of these 4 fields(which i mapped in syndication map) are changed.

How can i control This!!!

Any ideas ??

KR

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

If you "Suppress Unchanged Records" this will give you the result you are getting.

This cannot be controlled by the way you are currently doing.

Refer to this blog and folow step by step,using this you can trigger file based on change at field level:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60a2b4e4-6993-2a10-0e9a-c6d720f15...

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The document says to have a field level time stamp and record level time stamp.

Which is fine, but in my syndication map i have a filter mentioned like Mat Type - 01 and 02 only.

And if the user updates the field mat type from 04 to 05, then the Field time stamp will populate a value and that will be equal to Record time stamp, then i will have my syndication step which has this map. and my map selects only Mat type 01 and 02 , So wat happenes Now..

Will it generate a blank file because it did not meet the filter criteria and the WF Control reached time stamp validation and passed to Syndication step Or it will not generate a file??

Bit confused..

KR

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I agree its a bit confusing,but relax this can be cracked

Ok now you have a field of type Timestamp,this field comes with a number of fields to be tracked.

Meaning which fields to follow,any change in those fields happen means Timestamp field is updated.

2nd field defined is TimestampChange tracking changes to 3 fields defined in Console.

It compares if 2 fields tracking the same record values are same,they will not be same means a change in value of 3 fields defined in 2nd Field.

Keep syndication port to Manual,and as suggested at the end of the document,you can check for not null fields and put that too as validations.

This solution should work,to avoid connfusion do a test scenario.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Ravi