cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP certification for people with non-technical background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am from India and presently working in MNC bank as manager- fraud control. My job profile is non-technical in nature. I have work experience of more than 6 years. I have experience in in home loan disbursal, credit card processing and risk management.

Now I am thinking of joining SAP course. Just wanted an advise if it will be good option to do this course with my given background. What kind of opportunities I can look forward to?

Thanks

Edited by: mohitd on Jul 20, 2011 5:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I am interested in pursuing a SAP training. I have 6 years experience in Hr and administration but i want to pursue a course in SD module. I have done my graduation in Arts.

Please advise for a person with my background how difficult will it be to pick up the SD module and and clear the certification exam.

Thanks

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aleya,

I do not understand the reason behind to pursue SAP SD module, when you have worked altogether in a different area, which is HR.

Anybody can do any module, but the logic is:

You education --> Business process knowledge --> interest should be in sync.

If not, then the people may not like their jobs.

Please do not just look opportunities, every module has its own merits and demerits as far as opportunities are concerned.

Passing Certification is not a big deal. Even if you do not anything, if you spend 2 months of committed time on any Certification, you should be able to pass easily.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

former_member183349
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Excellent delivery and well said sir!

Regards,

Vivek

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nothing wrong in extending yourself. Keep yourself trying new things.

But, first of all your should know.

1) Which module is suitable for your background. - Since you are in finance sector, go for FICO

2) Which Institute better teaches?

3) Does Certification will give you any additional benefit in job searching?

4) How to prepare for interview?

5) Does mock interview will help?

Do not look for Salary in your first job. Do your job commitment, rest all follows.

All the best.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

Thanks for your revert.

I am actually looking for the answer to second and third point you have raised. I myself want to know from people with similar background, if this certification has helped them grow further in their present or some other organization.

Since I am already in the job for more than 6 years, the main reason for me doing the certification is to enhance my opportunities.

help me decide....

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are sap education partners in India. Have a look at them. For usual modules FICO, they must be OK.

Certification is an yardstick to measure your knowledge at certain point of time. This is a value added for your career, particularly for people like you to jump into SAP. However, there is no confirmed guarantee that you would be 100% job. Always, you need to prove yourself in interview.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Just needed your expert advise on a couple of things.

Well I am currently very much located in Mumbai, and a part of the family business in leasing construction equipments (cranes , dozers etc) to infra companies.

I am planning to move to Canada for further better opportunities and would be seeking job in the same line of industry and was wondering SAP which is a very useful tool which module I should be selecting to further enhance my skills and probability of getting a better paid job

Secondly I am also contemplating to switch my careers into the healtcare industry (hospital administration/management) where again SAP is useful and very important tool, hence for the same which module again would be best suited?

Would really appreciate your response to the above queries...

Have a good day!

Best Regards,

Ali

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ali,

Good to know you.

You never know which skill would really help you, particularly when you are going out of the country. You should be prepared to do anything for survival. That is the situation. If you are really serious about SAP and intending to make a career out of it, then you must seriously spent some time before you leave to Canada. The module is something you must selected based on your education / interest / business process or domain knowledge. Considering your experience, it looks close to any logistics module, probably MM. However, you are right person to choose the one.

There are many Industry Specific products available in SAP, Healthcare is one of them. But, I do not think if anybody is giving training for this module in India. You may need to contact SAP Education, if they are planning to schedule the course on an ad-hoc basis. May be the following SAP Help link would be helpful to you.

SAP for Healthcare – SAP Help Portal Page

All the best.

Kind Regards,

Ravi