cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC CUP 5.3 Auto provisioning Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

This issue is occurring in development system of GRC and works as expected in Quality systems.

Development system of CUP Jco's connected to the development ABAP stack and

Quality Systems of Cup Jco's connected to the QA ABAP stack .

All the parameters and the configuration are the same in Dev and QA.

Now the problem we have is at the last approval stage in the workflow after the approver approves the request (Create/Change) It is erroring out in Auto Provisioning stage with the below message :

Error provisioning your request. Request no: 75. Error occurred in the system(s) : n/a, error details :

DEVL1120-TEST_A-USER CREATE-Password is not long enough (minimum length: 10 characters)

DEVL2120-TEST_A-USER CREATE-Password is not long enough (minimum length: 10 characters)

If the same approvers goes back into the request and re-approves the Autoprovisioning is completed and the request is closed. For every last approver the first time he tries to approve the message he gets the above errors in development and does not receive the same error in QA.

The password parameters in the ABAP stack and the Portal Security config are same in DEV and QA. I am not sure if I am missing any information. Any suggestion/Help is appreciated.

Angara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check all the login parameters? This issue is purely due to the password restrictions in the ABAP system.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu Thanks for your response. Yes I checked all the login parameters in both QA & DEV and compared to those that were user defined Vs Default they were the same with no difference. yet the problem occured in Development system.

I finally figured out the issue and the surprising part was the error that was issued during auto provisioning is very misleading.

Our Security team had prototyped CUA and connected to the same development client CUP was connected and forgot to remove the child system from the CUA after their demo was complete.

By utilizing Debug log mechanisim, it showed the error as BAPI that is used by CUP to create the user was failing due to CUA locking the client with no ability to create the users in child system directly , The error displayed had no connection to the password lenght.

Thank you all my issue has been resolved and back in business.

Best Regards,

Angara Rao

Answers (0)