cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending IDOC from R/3 to MII error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to send IDOC from R/3 4.7 to MII 12.1 (SP8 patch 9 on NW CE 7.11).

We followed the guide below:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3861e693-0e01-0010-e791-9b44d2693...

Connection of message listener to R/3 works fine.

RFC connection test from R/3 to message listener was successful.

But when we try to do model distribution we get this error " - Communication error occured. Server repository could not create function template for 'MODEL_VIEW_REPLICATE'.

Maybe someone encountered this error and can help to resolve it.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

You are doing a connection which I am not familiar with, but I would go to the other 11.5 document instead of the one you used. They are both a little bit incomplete, but the second one is less so.

The other side of your connection is MII and is much more recent so you will need to take a look at the other two IDoc config guides particularly the one for 12.1. They are all located on the MII Connectivity page of the [MII wiki|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/xMII/MII+Connectivity].

I am not sure what problems lie ahead for you. I do know that the configuration is a bit different in 4.7 and you may end up having to consult with your Basis folks (or even an ALE resource).

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your recommendation.

We have an ECC 6.0 test system and I tried with it but ended up the same error. So I suspect it may relate to configuration of message listener.

With MII 12.1 SP08, configuration of message listener is on the NW CE side. I'll focus on that part.

Regards,

Mike

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

If you NW side connections are not setup properly or if you manually registered the ProgID (in addition to the auto registration that occurs if you follow the 12.1 to ECC 6.0 guide), you will sometimes get that kind of error. If you go back a couple of years searching for that phrase on the MII Forum, you will probably see several folks who have run into it before (though I don't think it has happened recently).

For the ECC 6.0 to MII 12.1 you should use the configuration guide at the wiki link I provided before.

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

What do you mean by "manually registered the ProgID"? The message listener configuration property is as below:

ProgramID: MII_IDOC_CONNECT_5

MaxReaderThreadCount: 1

SAPClient: 800

UserName: GAOMX

Password: xxxxxxxx

Language: EN

ServerName: blade01a.memc.com

PortNumber: 00

BindingKey: XMIIIDOC

And also, following is error message found from LOG VIEWER of the MII server:

• here is one

Message: not supported FunctionModule MODEL_VIEW_REPLICATE for IDocActivationSpec

Date: 2011-07-21

Time: 15:30:18:060

Category: /System/Server/Connector/Rfc

Application: sap.com/sapjra~xMIIIDOC05

Thread: Thread[Managed_Application_Thread_20,5,Managed_Application_Thread]

Data Source: j2ee/cluster/server0/log/system/server_00.log

• and another one

Message: Server repository could not create function template for 'MODEL_VIEW_REPLICATE' caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: not supported FunctionModule MODEL_VIEW_REPLICATE used with IDocActivationSpec registered for MII_IDOC_CONNECT_5 on system blade04a_MIT_00

Date: 2011-07-21

Time: 15:30:18:061

Category: /System/Server/Connector/Rfc

Application: sap.com/sapjra~xMIIIDOC05

Thread: Thread[Managed_Application_Thread_20,5,Managed_Application_Thread]

Data Source: j2ee/cluster/server0/log/system/server_00.log

Thanks,

Mike

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basis folks know that the Program ID needs to be registered with NW in order to be recognized, but sometimes don't realize that configuring the IDoc Listener according to the instructions causes it to be registered in the background. So when they register it manually, they end up creating a second registration which can confuse NW when an IDoc is received.

Please do a Search of this Forum for time period All and using the search term MODEL_VIEW_REPLICATE. There are several postings which have good information of possible causes. If you still have problems after checking the threads, post again and I will see if we can work out the problems.

And sometimes it is best to simply configure a brand new IDoc Listener in ECC 6.0 and using a different (preconfigured) IDoc Listener from scratch and not using any of the previous naming conventions.

And I would recommend getting the ECC 6.0 - MII 12.1 Listener working first as that is pretty well understood and documented. The R/3 4.7 - 12.1 is much less so.

Regards,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Jul 21, 2011 7:30 PM