Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTER SITE TRANSFER

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dears

How to hanle inter site transfer non confirmance of a material(From one plant to another plant)

Inspection lot is not activated in the material master for material transfer

So pls help me to sort it out

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you mean that you want to control it without inspection lot?

If yes, manual process is needed such as quality notification and stock transfer to blocked.

If no, you can use the inspection type '08' for material master of receiving plant.

Regards

Luke

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI

So even though if we are not activated 08 inspection type

and during stock transfer IF we found that one material is defect we can create a manual notification by QM01

So what is the type of notification we need to create here??

And so we can send the material to back to plant,,,, SO we need to create a any return delivery or making the stock transfer

pls tell me the process how we can send the material back

Thanks in advance

Faisal

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Faisal,

What I have understood is, you are inspecting certain material in plant A (possibly which you have received from plant B). After inspection if the material is non conforming you want to transfer / send back this material to plant B.

1. Well Faisal, it depends on whether the 2 plants belong to same company code or not.

2. If the 2 plants belong to same company code then you can transfer this material from plant A to plant B through MB1B transaction code with 301 movement. This can happen even if QM view is not extended.

3. If the 2 plants belong to different company code, I guess there exists customer vendor relation. (Sale purchase transaction). In this transaction if you want to send the material back to plant B it is called as return delivery. The scenario becomes complex if you are dealing with stock in transit methodology.

4. I may suggest for later case, generate notification Q2 in QM01 and transfer the stock to block stock as Luke is suggesting. Sending it back and doing goods receipt in plant B will be taken care by stores people.

5. Since it involves FICO document generation and taxation pare, it would be better to have discussion with MM personnel prior to establish the mechanism for direct one step transfer also through 301 movement.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the type of notification we need to create here??

Q3 or your own notification type

SO we need to create a any return delivery or making the stock transfer

Whatever be possible. I would suggest you ask your MM team.

Regards

Luke