Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compression and reorg on

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

A bit of a complicated situation:

I have an ABAP only ERP 2004 system running on Oracle 11.2.0.1.5 . The system has still the old tablespace layout, i.e., I have

PSAPBTABD

PSAPBTABI

PSAPCLUD

PSAPCLUI

PSAPDDICD

PSAPDDICI

PSAPDOCUD

PSAPDOCUI

etc

One of my tablespaces (PSAPSTABD) contains tables that were encrypted using Oracle Trasparent Data Encryption when Oracle was in version 10.2.0.4

I have now a new requirement to compress the database using the new functionality provided in Oracle 11 and use the new tablespace layout (PSAPSR3, PSAPSR3700 etc). Obviously, the encrypted tables of PSAPSTABD will be moved to PSAPSR3 and will be compressed. Do you know of or anticipate any issues with that?

Many thanks

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

well at first you should upgrade to 11.2.0.2.

There were some serious problems with 11.2.0.1 (not just performance issues - found also several problems through MOS) - SAP also fixed the sapnote #1436352 with this information:

Oracle Database Release 11.2.0.2 or higher +

SAP December 2010 Bundle Patch or later

(to achieve good performance against OLTP compressed tables)

Regards

Stefan

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Stefan, thank you, that is very helpful.

I did another compression of a BI 7.0 system back in mid May. I was then at 11.2.0.2.1 and I had issues with the actual compression process, it was getting stuck with ORA-07445. After I applied 11.2.0.1.5 patch (note 1477787) I was ok.

We have 11.2.0.2.2 upgrades scheduled for August-September . I might try to do the compression with 11.2.0.1.5 again for this ERP system, as it is just a sandbox.

That paragraph in the note regarding having 11.2.0.2 at least must have been added pretty recently then? I do not remember it seeing it in May when I read the note first time.

Many thanks again

Andreas