cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference userID is changing under user master data automatically for user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

In Production for one of the user we are assigning the reference user as u201CRCF_CAND_INTu201D and saving it.

But, after some time, if we go and see this user account is holding u201CRCF_CAND_EXTu201D as a reference user.

What could be the reason for this automatic modifications?

Kindly share your ideas for resolving this.

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must use report RSUSR100N and check the box "Reference user".

Sounds like a Z-program of sorts which does strange stuff like this.

CUA can sometimes also cause such things as the reference user field does not have a logical system assignment. Is CUA active?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

I see these reference user IDs used in Recruitment system where the internal and external user types were managed during the recruitment process. May be when he changes it manually, the program is checking the user IDs back and changing them to the actual reference user ID, since the recruitment process is entirely based on the type of reference ID assigned.

But, yes. Lets wait for Ramakrishna to confirm on the system details, and also check your recommendations.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

I have checked with given report, changes were done by BATCH user. I could not find any job which is doing this change in that time frame.

Could you please suggest on this at the earliest.

Thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

If the changes are done by BATCH user, it might not be from a background job always. Provide all the required information about your system etc., to provide you a quick response. I still infer that you are trying to change the reference user which was changed by the HR system, in such case you are not allowed to make changes directly.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the exact name of the batch user?

Does it exist anywhere in table RFCDES?

Anyway, I think Raghu is correct. This is probably triggered by HR and could be incorrect config there.

The important thing about reference users is that their access is correct and the scenario is mapped. You should not assign a different reference user (or other user type...) locally because your own direct access is not sufficient.

That is cheating

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the change logs?? They should help you out to isolate it further and how the ID is getting changed.

If yours is an SAP HR system, I hope this process is automatic. RCF_CAND_INT (For internal candidate) and RCF_CAND_EXT (For extenal candidate). See the WF-BATCH change logs.

If you find some, there you might not change it directly from SU01.

Regards,

Raghu

Edited by: Raghu Boddu on Jul 20, 2011 4:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu for your quick reply and you are correct I could not see change details under SU01.

But, Where exactly I should check for details (WF-BATCH change logs ?) and how to fix this ?