cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed developer workplace SP6 and then I startd JSPM to upgrade form SP6 to SP8. However, I got few errors. Upon reading some of the other postings, I upgraded SDM to SP8 and JSPM to SP8. Now I get the following error

<b>The execution ended in error.

Global EPS inbox directory
customer-reverse-entry\sapmnt\trans\EPS\in is missing and cannot be created automatically. Try to create it manually and restart the JSPM tool.

More information can be found in the log file D:\usr\sap\VIN\JC01\j2ee\JSPM\log\log_2006_08_20_01_58_59\JSPM_MAIN_1_01.LOG.

Use the information provided to trouble-shoot the problem. There might be an OSS note providing a solution to this problem. Search for OSS notes with the following search terms:

com.sap.sdt.jspm.phases.PhaseTypeJSPM

com.sap.sdt.jspm.gui.JspmUiException

Global EPS inbox directory
customer-reverse-entry\sapmnt\trans\EPS\in is missing and cannot be created automatically. Try to create it manually and restart the JSPM tool.

JSPM_MAIN

JSPMPhases

NetWeaver Upgrade

SAPJup

Java Upgrade

</b>

Any pointers please?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned earlier, patch JSPM first. temp space is also required in /usr/sap/<sid> to unpack the sca's. You can tell sdm, which does the deploying bits, to use a different directory. The sdm manual covers the details, but look for filetransferdir dir=. The sequence is to stop sdm, set it to standalone, set file transferdir, set sdm back to integrated and restart it.

Other JSPM tidbits:

JSPM puts things into safe mode. Sometimes the mode gets stuck. You can unstick it with the configtool.

in the log directory, log_reader.sh/bat is real handy to see what is going on and it will also format the other j2ee logs so one can pipe them into awk or whatever.

Don't kill it, if possible. Cleaning up is a pain. Same goes for DeployTool. These tools have to keep track of what they are doing and killing them can mess up subsequent invocations.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem and this works for me:

1 > Open the file: c:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\profile\<SID>_JC<INSTANCE>_<Server Name>

2 > Add this line:

DIR_EPS_ROOT = c:\usr\sap\trans\EPS

3 > Try again to start JSPM

Good luck!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem. Sometimes you deal with so many servers that you overlook the obvious.

I had my C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file pointing the SAPTRANSHOST to the wrong server.

todd_miller2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ensure that the value for the instance profile parameter "jstartup/vm/home" is set correctly. You can follow the link below for more information on setting this parameter correctly:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ad/4b09411d57ef23e10000000a155106/content.htm

We also ran into the pitfall where the instance profile contained a hostname that was all upper case. Ensure that yours is correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mitchell

There are few points i would like to share about JSPM.Your problem is also covered in this.

1.Before starting the patching process you have to manually copy all the sca's in

<b>\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in</b>.This is mandatory.

2.Now when JSPM starts it first updates itself.Then it updates sdm (sdm.jar).Only then other components gets deployed.

3.Ideally you should components in b]\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in</b>.I mean JSPM,sdm,Kernals everything.JSPM is smart enough to decide the other in which it should deploy the components.

4.There are basically three options to choose when you use JSPM.I hope you know what option to use when.

I think your problem is because of point number one.Create the folder structure i mentioned.

Any issues let me know.

Message was edited by:

Rajat Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has someone a solution for this error, I have the same problem

Kind Regards,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just want to add one more thing, the directory <b>D:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in</b> exists

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have similar situation.

One SAP note mentioned to have more space on JSPM directory, 3xtimes than SCA archives, which are located in EPS/in directory.

Even I have available space, same error appears.

Dali