Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to increase the waiting time for response in Adapter Engine not in IE

svalluri23
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

It is a SOAP to Proxy Synchronous interface. SOAP system is sending the request to PI, PI sending the same request to ECC system, After execution of some logic response back to PI in 7 minutes. In ABAP Stack(sxmb_moni) processing the response message also successfully with success flag after completion of these 7 minutes. But exactly 5 minutes later getting the error at Java Stack RWB- in communication channel monitoring i.e

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessageExpiredException: Message bd2bf8d0-b2c2-11e0-c383-001cc4fb5cb7(OUTBOUND) expired. We have set the "runtime-HTTP_TIMEOUT" parameter as 3600. thats why in Integration engine it is processing successfully.

kindly suggest me how to increase the waiting time for response in Adapter Engine. Exactly after 5 mins getting the above error in rwb, but in Integration Engine getting successful flag after 7 mins until then it is waiting for response with status flag Log version.

Thanks & Regards,

Srihari.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

svalluri23
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all, we went to reduce the response time in r/3 side.

Regards,

Srihari.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your case increasing time out value not a right solution at all, why your system taking 7 Mnts time to give response back, investigate this and try to reduce your response as much as possible.

If you want to change timeout value execute Trasaction code RZ10 and change profile parameter.

take help from baisis.

Regards,

Raj

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see

How To... Investigate Timeouts In Synchronous XI/PI Scenarios

It will answer all your queries

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c059d583-a551-2c10-e095-eb5d95e03...

svalluri23
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Roy,

In this link point number 2.3.1 is suitable for my situation. If i increse the "XI.Timeout parameter" from 300000 to 600000, i think, it will increase the server load and finally it will go down. Kindly explain/clarify me how it will work, is there any effect on other interfaces or exactly this interface only.

Regards,

Srihari.

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

Understand that it is a global change.

Regards

Pothana

svalluri23
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can't we set Locally particularly for this interface. Remaining interfaces running smoothly for 5 mins, this interface requires 8 mins.

Regards,