cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run client export so that it is available for future imports

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to sap and SDN. How do i run client export so that it is available for future imports (yellow triangle).I know there is some option during export which lets you save export for future client imports.I tried a lot to search on gui/help.sap.com site but could not find it.It shows as a option in legends but i dont know how to enable it.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I will try that out.However i am not sure it answers my original question of the yellow flag .Infact if i remember right i did it a while ago (3 years ago) where i remember it let me also choose how many clients you can restrict the copy to.Its just a GUI option.I will keep looking.I appreciate your feedback.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to have a client export and have to import same data (i used SAP_ALL profile) on 3 new clients.I dont want to do 3 client exports and the import into new clients .I use scc8 to export but i want it to be available for future imports by multiple clients.I know it i possible but just cant seem to know what option in gui to choose.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So. What you have to do is once your export is done and you moved your data/cofile to target system then you have to import the request from STMS and then import the request and do the post processing from SCC7. Once it will be completed you can repeat the same step 2 more times for different client.

Note: You have to delete the request from import queue and then you have to add on the queue for 2nd and 3rd import. otherwise it will give you a message this has been already imported.

Regards,

Subhash

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please elaborate more about future import, what you are trying to do ? Basically client export is a process to migrate the data from One system to another system, but whenever you will create an export it will only export the data upto that date only and that you can import on your target system.

Regards,

Subhash