cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using MII without logging in??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to call an MII transaction without actually logging into MII from the UI? I know this is a dumb question and the obvious answer is no, but the customer wants to use their MES system to connect directly to SAP and we are using MII to do this. They have their own UI set up and we would just simply add a webservice call to a transaction in MII. I was thinking to use sso, but everything needs to be set behind the scenes and MII cannot interrupt the user's experience with the MES system. Your help is much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you specify the username/password in the URL, you should be aware that the server will create a session for your user. If you do not wish for this to occur, you may want to include "session=false" as a URL parameter pair. Under heavy load, unnecessarily created sessions may become a problem for your instance.

Provided this is a Netweaver install, you can see if your solution has too many sessions created in the Netweaver MMC. Under the AS Java Shared Table Info, look at the Browser session and Web session items. This will indicate the used and peak number of sessions. If it's approaching the max number, you should implement this parameter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know the answer is pass the credentials into the URL whether it is the UME credentials or the SSO credentials. I just want to verify that this is best practice. I really do not want the customer to be bothered with a web browser pop up asking for credentials or even if the SSO is successful, to have a browser pop up regardless.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try below URL as you mentioned you can pass credentials

http://<server:port>/XMII/Runner?Transaction=<TransactionPath>&OutputParameter=<TransactionOPParamet...

IllumnLoginName= MII Login Name (if you have SSO I think that also you can try)

IllumnLoginPassword= MII Login Password (if you have SSO I think that also you can try)

apart from this some expert will help you!!

hope it helps!!

Regards,

Manoj Bilthare