Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new to sap netweaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I am a newcomer to IT and am planning to join sap netweaver course shortly. Could u please advise which areas of netweaver should i be concentrating on

Also, is it possible for a non IT background to venture into sap. what makes me confident is my learning abilities and am self motivated. <b><i>Are there any prerequisites</i></b>

Please give ur opinion

Thanks much

Ash

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

Before you move to Netweaver, i think you should be knowing about R/3 which is the core.

Once you are familar with the R/3 versions any one like 4.6 or 4.7 then you can move to Netweaver.

I think in Google you can find clear information regarding Netweaver.

For an Non IT gai to get into SAP , it depends on the choise he makes.

Like if he has some marketing experience or any industrial (filed) oriented experience, he can choose SAP Functional.

If he is from newtworking or database then he can go for SAP basis

If he has some programming then go for ABAP.

Chav

Pradeep.gali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ASH,

Welcome to the fascinating world of SAP. its ur sheer motivation that builds you up. As indicated by Pradeep read the docs, architrecture on R/3 versions and then venture into Netweaver world. would be very helpful,The courses at SAP learning centers are provided with prerequisites. check them and you must have to start somewhere to get into this world of SAP

happy learning and for rest all there is SDN )

Br,

Sri

Award points for helpful answers