Did you mean: 

error with the context binding

former_member740473
Participant
0 Kudos

hi friends,

i am binding input_feild with the attribute vkorg

it was giving error

The following error text was processed in the system ECC : Adapter error in &VIEW_ELEMENT_TYPE& "IP" of view "ZZZ_TEST13.MAIN": Context binding of property VALUE cannot be resolved: Node MAIN.1.SALES does not contain any elements

The error occurred on the application server csslecc_ECC_01 and in the work process 0 .

The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

but i am giving the cardinality 1 to 1 for the node it was giving solution..

why we are giving 1to1 here...?

i am in confusion what is cardinality & what is selection..?

can anyone explain me in detail,,,,,

regards,

karunakar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karunakar,

Collection Cardinality or Node Cardinality is a set of two values that define the minimum and maximum number of elements that a node may hold at run-time and is represented as 0..1, 1..1, 0..n, 1..n.

The value on left denotes the minimum number of elements that a node must have at runtime and the value at right denotes the maximum number of elements that a node may have.

Selection Cardinality is again a set of two values like node cardinality but denotes the number of elements that may be selected at run-time. Selection cardinality must not violate Node collection cardinality i.e. if node cardinality is 0..1 0r 1..1, it is invalid to specify 0..n or 1..n as selection cardinality.

Pleae check this...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/7a/787e40417c6d1de10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Cheers,

Kris.

former_member740473
Participant
0 Kudos

hi kris,

cardinality means number of elements that a node may hold at run-time

selection cardinality means the number of elements that may be selected at run-time

can u explain clearly

regards,

karunakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, The cardinality defines how often a node is to be instantiated at runtime u2013 that is, how many elements of this node are available at runtime. Selection means you may slect mulitple or single based on cardinality.

For example in table if you want to select multple records you have to give 0-n or 1-n cardinality.

Cheers,

Kris.

former_member740473
Participant
0 Kudos

ok kris,

for table i hav to give 0..n or 1...n cardinality

example of selection cardinality...?

regards,

karunakar

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That depends on your requirement.

You have 4 possible values, 0:1, 0:n, 1:1, 1:n.

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That based on your requirement.

For example You want to allow use to select only one record at time in table give 0-1.

Or You want to allow use multi selection give 0-n. Like that.. anyway based on your requirement you have to give.

There is no specific rule.

cheers,

Kris.

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for cardinality 1..1, the context element will be implictly created by WD framework

for cardinality 0..1/0..n, the context element has to be explicitly created in the code.

and for the inputfield, there should be an context element instance available in the context node.

BR, Saravanan