Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggest for SRM implmentation

jenny_slay
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My Client is a finance company. All the procurement is for direct consumption, no inventory management. Client currently using SAP MM(ECC) functionality for procurement to payment process and only purchasing department has access to SAP. In the current process, employee normally fill a pre-defined form and mail to purchase department for any purchase requirement and purchase department create PO in behalf for employee. Now client decided to empower all their staffs for raise their requirement through web portal.

Looking into the above requirement, I have suggested following:

+ SRM self-service procurement classic scenario with material short text or cataloge (SRM-MDM)

+ Staff will raise shopping cart request either with material description or material from catalogue by logging to web

portal.

+ For your kind information, currently we are using SAP HR for leave and absent. All employee raise leave request by

logging into the SAP Portal. I am planning to provide SRM link in the existing web portal.

+ To simplify the solution, I have suggested not to use material master in ECC. Shopping card request will created either

material description or material selected from catalogue (internal/external) content management.

Request to share your thought or experience if you have any.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

Will they be using 'Order as a direct material' functionality? Or will they use the Plan Driven procurment where PRs from ECC will be routed to SRM to utilise the sourcing functionality in SRM? If answer to both these questions is yes, then please note that by standard even though you propose a classic scenario, in the above 2 cases leading PO will be created in SRM and will be replicated to ECC. You can however over ride this behaviour by implementing BADIs.

Regards,

Nikhil

Answers (0)