cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to SAP PI 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are trying to upgrade from PI 7.0 to PI 7.3 EHP2.

We are getting the Java stack alone.

How far does it impact the java and abap objects created in PI 7.0.

If we upgrade the objects will remain the same or teh objects will be lost.

Can you please send the features of PI 7.3

Thanks,

Jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

To run the interface using java stack we need to configure the scenario in Integrated Configuration Object(ICO).

But in PI7.0 we don't have the concept of ICO, Hence moving into single stack will not work your interface.

If you are upgrading both the stack, there should not be any issue or loss of object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra Sekhar,

Can I monitor the messages using sxmb_moni in PI 7.3 java stack.

If there is only one stack I need to configure the interfaces with AAE alone,that is only possible through Integrated Configuration Object.

All my interfaces are in normal configuration.

Receiver Determination

Interface Determination

Sender Agreement

Receiver Agreement

Do you think my interfaces will not be available in PI 7.3

Please send the enhanced features of PI 7.3

Thanks,

Jay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Netweaver 7.3 features, go through this link:

Content Documentation:

http://help.sap.com/content/documentation/netweaver/docu_nw_73.htm

Enhancement in PI 7.3 (that's contained in Netweaver 7.3 package):

http://help.sap.com/content/documentation/netweaver/ReleaseNotes_PI_730SP1_FINAL.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm just curious, where did you get PI 7.3 EHP2 from?

In any event, you'll need to study the upgrade (and other documentation) guide very carefully before you do any upgrade. Some of the questions that you are asking are very basic, e.g. the one on SXMB_MONI, this monitor is only relevant in an Abap stack context.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The bottom line is that this is a fairly big jump (7.0 to 7.3). It's not as simple as saying that all the Java related content will be okay.

The only thing that is relatively safe is your graphical mappings. The JEE version between the 2 are different, so it means that there's a regression testing requirement for all your Java mappings (e.g. there might be some deprectated methods still in use in your mappings).

There is also XSLT preprocessor changes, so which means your XSLT mappings are in jeopardy & need to be re-tested.

Your integration directory content should be okay but there's no guarantee & they will also need to be re-tested. Go through this very good guide: [Decision Making Factors when Moving to SAP NW PI 7.3 - Upgrade or New Installation with Phase-Out|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0a78af6-1977-2e10-0d81-ca7e9f81b668?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still PI 7.3 support both the stacks, if we use the AAE functionality i.e. single stack (java stack), we cannot monitor the message in SXMB_MONI. There are very much improvement in runtime monitoring end with new look and feel and with some good features. We need to check the message in Adapter Runtume workbench.

There will not be any new improvement in the ABAP stack, sap is going to invest in JAVA stack.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

We are in an assessment phase for a migration from PI 7.0 to PI 7.3 but using double stack because we have BPM scenarios.

As an approach, we think that we will need to use a Side-care approach for Dev + QA instead of In-place upgrade.

Can you tell me which approach did you use ? You rationale was really the Volume (200 000/day) and the number of interfaces (500+). Thanks

Pascal

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Completely Agree with Trevor , please do some research before going for upgrade and pull your Basis and PI experts to prepare process.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to others suggestions , You will see impact on the below areas

a) 7.3 does not support BPM scenarios (if you install just java stack)

b) ABAP Mapping if any (Then you need to change mapping logic to java or calling RFC lookup or so)

C) Need to configure IDOC, HTTP scennario using Integrated configuration object only.

D) Proxy scenarios need to configured using soap adapter and using message protocol XI to achieve this.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jay,

>>We are getting the Java stack alone.How far does it impact the java and abap objects created in PI 7.0.

Will impact for ABAP objects

>> We are getting the Java stack alone, Tcode - Sxmb_moni

No, Tcode - Sxmb_moni in ABAP stack

Cheers

Agasthuri