cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment from VA02 to be copied to VF01?

raj_b4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

The user wishes to attach any kind of document in sales document. I had achieved the same by adding parameter u201CSD_SWU_ACTIVEu201D to the user id. After which I was able to attach document via VA02 and VA03.

Now the user wants the same document to get copied in to the invoice. What does it take to make attachment from VA02 to be copied to VF01?

Do you have any idea on how to achieve this functionality.

Thanks in advance.

Br,

Raj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Here is a link which I am sure would be useful for you to accomplish your requirement.

Please update the forum if your issue is resolved.

Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli

raj_b4
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi Rohan,

I have discussed this with my ABAPer, and he is doing it in another way. The table that you provided was benefitial to some extent.

Thanks for the help.

I am closing the thread.

Br, Raj.

Edited by: Raj on Aug 8, 2011 4:39 PM

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

rajat009yadav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raj Kumar,

I have the same requirement where we are using s/4 hana cloud 2020 and client have the requirement to copy the attached documents in VA01/VA02 to VF01 as they create the invoice those attachment should be copied to the invoice attachments.

Can you please guide as to how you have fulfilled this requirement ?

raj_b4
Explorer
0 Kudos

ABAPer has found another way of doing it. Thanks for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

i am also facing same problem can u please tell how would you solved your problem

Thanks

seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj

It would be great helpful if you share the solution given by the ABAPer.

Thanks

Medha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I think it is possible, you should be discussing with your technical team.

The logic could be to download the attachment and save it against the sales order number , the system to pick up and mail it. This could the logic (probably) on which u can discuss with your technical team and you also could look at the workflow angle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Iam clear that you want to transfer the attachement but what if the purpose behind is to transfer any info then i suggest you use text.

Attachement also occupy space in the server and if the size of the attachements is huge, the system will become slow over a period of time.

Discuss with your client the size of the files they are going to be attaching to the sales orders and coordinate with your basis team on the same.

Coming to your original requirement it is not possible.

raj_b4
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI PJ,

I have discussed the issue with my business. They actually want to send the attachment to the customer, along with invoice output (which is already being sent as PDF file throug Email).

They want any of the two points below:

Either the attachment should get copied from the order to invoice, and then the same should be sent to the customer along with invoice ouput.

or

Even if the attachment is not copied from sales order to invoice, they want it to be there in the mail which is sent to the customer. The mail at the moment contains PDF file (which is nothing but basically invoice output).

Hope my requirement is clear.

Thanks for the help.

Br,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

GOS documents can be attached only after the object is created, in your case the object is the billing document.

Therefore you can attach only in change mode of the billing document through VF02.

As far as i know, this is not possible through standard configs

If you want this to be automatic, your ABAPer can create a batch Job which picks up newly created billing documents and copies the attachment from the corresponding sales order through code.

Thanks

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think this is possible in standard SAP and if the purpose is to pass any info from Sales Order to the subsequent documents you can use a text.

raj_b4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi PJ,

The purpose is not to transfer text, but to transfer attachment from VA02 to VF01.

Br,

Raj.