cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update was terminated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there!

SAP woe is me! I am in the CO module processing settlements for projects/wbs elements and I don't get an error message but I do get and email that my update was terminated, not sure why? PLEASE HELP, SEE EXAMPLE. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY INSIGHT.

Update was terminated

System ID.... PR1

Client..... 400

User..... LMONTOYA

Transaction.. CJ88

Update key... 44E73B6F1F4903BBE1000000C009C807

Generated.... 19.08.2006, 12:16:55

Completed.... 19.08.2006, 12:16:55

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting a similar error. I am trying to create a Contract in ECS from SRM.

So we have a BAPI which creates IDOC's & processes them.

The issue is, the data is coming from SRM into ECS & creating a IDOC, but while processing the IDOC, it is giving an update terminate error.

I checked SM14 & SM13, but could not figure the issue out.

I get the following error

"00 671: ABAP/4 processor: POSTING_ILLEGAL_STATEMENT"

The dump in ST22 shows that it is having a CALL SCREEN 100.

Can somebody help me in solving this issue. We are using ECS 7.0.

Thanks,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if there is any problem in modifications done for standard transaction like example Userexits Normally This "update was terminated" error will come. you can find the exact problem in SM13 or sm14 for correct error.

Regards

Srikanth Aduri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does this manipulation have to occur in the programming tables, approx. how long does that take and can I some how bypass the termination in CO t/c cj88 for individually processing projects ?

thank you for the helpful advice

Cheers,

Leila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Leila,

If you are accessing the standard transaction, then I guess you need to get into the configuration part for solving this issue. I havent worked on CO so wont be able to comment anything.

In my case, I was programming the function module for Inbound IDOC. After Creating a Contract, I was calling the function module SAVE n BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT. Thats where I was getting the problem. I changed my programming logic and the things got soretd out.

I guess this has to do something with the save or commit. In your case, I guess its something to do with the configurations.

I guess raising this question on ABAP forum could help you get a instantaneous reply.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I faced similar type of problem when I was dealing with creation of Contracts in CRM. I was getting an express mail in the inbox.

I guess this happens when there are explicit BAPI SAVE calls or

BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT calls in your program. Some manipulations in calling these FM was done and the problem was rectified.

Check if the same is applicable in your case.

Hope that helps

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>