cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to update latest SAINT/SPAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My current SAINT/SPAM package version is 7.00/0026. I want to update to the latest one, which currently is SAPKD73043 SPAM/SAINT Update - Version 7.30/0043.

Are this support patch cumulative from previous patch? Do I just download and apply this SAPKD73043.sar? Or I have to apply all the package SARs from 7.00/0026 to Version 7.30/0043.?

For this update, do I use SPAM or SAINT?

I tried to use SPAM, but seems like the "Load Packages--> From Front End" and "From Application Server" and "Import SAINT/SPAM Update" functions on the Support Packages menu are grayed out.

What is the right way to perform this update?

Thanks,

KC

Edited by: KC on Jul 20, 2011 12:46 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

Are this support patch cumulative from previous patch? Do I just download and apply this SAPKD73043.sar? Or I have to apply all the package SARs from 7.00/0026 to Version 7.30/0043.?

A) SPAM/SAINT Update is cumulative. Just apply SAPKD73043.SAR. You directly update SPAM version to 43.

For this update, do I use SPAM or SAINT? I tried to use SPAM, but seems like the package uploader function is grayed out. Do I upload the SAR files with SAINT, and apply the update with SPAM? What is the right way to perform this update?

A) Use SPAM -> Load packages from either front-end or application server.

Once the package is extracted. In SPAM Main menu, click on Import SPAM/SAINT Update.

Br,

Venky

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more info:

I tried to check the transport tool connectivity (in Utilities --> Check Transport Tool), I got some error messages (not sure how this will impact me when I start applying support packages).

Transport Profile: Cannot read tp profile.

tp Call: DB connect: Link to databse failed.

Offline Call: error in transportprofil (param missing...)

"This is tp version 372.05.17 (release 700, unicode enabled)"

tp return code summary:

TOOLS: Highest return code of single steps was: 0

ERRORS: Highest tp internal error was : 0208

KC

Edited by: KC on Jul 20, 2011 2:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your system release is 7.0 and not 7.3 so you choose the wrong SPAM package (the right one should be SAPKD70043). If it is that way then SAPKD73043 cannot be implemented in your system.

And for your other problem executing r3trans -d in OS can help to check the database connection.

Basti

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI bd.

I am updating Solution Manager 7.0 SPS15 to EHP1 SPS 27.

I am trying to update SAINT/SPAM to applicable latest version so that I can import all patches to update Solution Manager to latest version (SPS27).

In this case, which SAINT version I should use?

Should I use SAPKD73043 SPAM/SAINT Update - Version 7.30/0043 instead?

Thanks,

KC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solution Manager 7.0 SPS15 to EHP1 SPS 27.

You can't update SPAM version to SAPKD73043 as of now since your system is still on 700 release.

Please update the SPAM with the latest available.

I could see the following as the latest.

SAPKD70043 SPAM/SAINT Update - Version 700/0043

Br,

Venky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkatesh,

You are right. I downloaded "SAPKD70043 SPAM/SAINT Update - Version 700/0043" and run the update again, it works this time.

Thanks,

KC

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assigned the user with S_A.SYSTEM profile and logged in with client 000. Now, I can see click on the Load Packages--> From Front End" and "From Application Server" and "Import SAINT/SPAM Update" functions on the Support Packages menu.

I clicked on "Import SAINT/SPAM Update", but it stated that "SPAM/SAINT update SAPKD70026 has already been imported successfully." , instead of "SAPKD73043".

When I retry the uploading the package, it returned message "CSN0120061532_0054818.PAT SAPKD73043 @EB\QUpload Already Occurred@ 0004 OCS file already exists in inbox. Upload not required.".

Thanks,

KC