Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java instance of PI won't startup due to bootstrap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

Good day!

I would like to ask for your help in fixing my system. After a failed deployment of component LMNWAUIFRMRK, we restarted our dual stack system PI. Afterwards, onlythe ABAP stack started. When I looked at the Java instance, bootstrap was starting, then will stop, then will start again.

Here is the contents of my log log_bootstrap.2.log:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Have you tried to use element.resynch = force then restart the system?

Regards

Derek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please provide D:\usr\sap\PI1\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\cluster\bootstrap\bootstrap.properties log file.

Also Check the JVM memory parameter vlues in configtool . Sometime this problem comes due to insufficient memory.

Regards

Pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pranayagarwal,

Thanks for your quick response.

Here's the content of the bootstrap.properties file:

element.resynch = Detect

Regarding your second statement:

Also Check the JVM memory parameter vlues in configtool . Sometime this problem comes due to insufficient memory.

when i open my config tool, there are no other nodes except cluster-data and secure store so I cant check the parameters.

Nothing appears when I click the node cluster-data.

on another hand, I read from another thread () with the same error as mine that I can "refresh your instance.properties from the database". Do you have any idea how i can do this?

Please advise. Thanks a lot!

Cha Cha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Cha,

Please check the below blog .

/thread/1884847 [original link is broken]

Tell me what is memroy parameter value ?

Regards

Pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derek,

I've already tried the parameter element.resynch = force for the file boostrap.properties, and restarted the system, but it still didnt work.

anyways, we have decided to just reinstall the system. Again.

It is now working.

Just a wild guess on my part--> I think the number of the node was changed to an incorrect ID. I dont know how that happened, but that's what my instinct tells me. Too bad i dont have a screenshot of what the node ID was when the system was still working, so I couldnt compare it with the Node ID when the system crashed.

But anyways..

Thank you all for taking the time to answer my post.

Really appreciate it.

Regards,

Cha Cha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.. Thanks .

Regards

Pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there again,

here is the content of my log_bootstrap.2.log:

Finished. Time spent in the persistInstanceProfile(): 47 ms.
* Continuing to bootstrap...

Component: [internal/unkown] of type [unkown]
com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: Configuration entry [bin] can not be found in [cluster_config/system/instances/current_instance].
	at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationInfoImpl.<init>(SynchronizationInfoImpl.java:109)
	at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:240)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
	at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:161)
----------==[ Caused by: ]==----------
com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.NameNotFoundException: A configuration with the path "cluster_config/system/instances/current_instance/bin" and cid "unknown" does not exist.
	at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ConfigurationDataCacheAllImpl.getSubConfiguration(ConfigurationDataCacheAllImpl.java:99)
	at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ReadAccessConfiguration.getSubConfiguration(ReadAccessConfiguration.java:905)
	at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ReadAccessDerivedConfiguration.getSubConfiguration(ReadAccessDerivedConfiguration.java:146)
	at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ReadAccessConfiguration.getSubConfiguration(ReadAccessConfiguration.java:874)
	at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Synchronizer.getConfiguration(Synchronizer.java:441)
	at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationInfoImpl.<init>(SynchronizationInfoImpl.java:107)
	at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:240)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

[Bootstrap]> Problem occurred while performing synchronization. For more details see the logs above.
The Log (..\..\work\log_bootstrap.log) has been added to the !
The Log (<null>) has been added to the !
Found bootstrap properties file [D:\usr\sap\PI1\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\cluster\bootstrap\bootstrap.properties].
Properties processed for 172 ms.
Memory available to the bootstrap JVM: 455 MiB / 477233152 bytes
-----[Bootstrap Module started]--------[Tue Jul 19 07:07:25 CST 2011]-------
+-[Bootstrap synchronization activities information]-----------------------+
|    Runtime Binaries: [X]      Native files: [X] Instance Properties: [X] |
|     Nodes Structure: [X] Application files: [X]   Bootstrap Updates: [X] |
| Cluster File System: [X]  Online bootstrap: [ ]  Show Help (output): [ ] |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+

* Properties used for initialization: {element.resynch=detect, Logging properties = {log[defaultTrace]=FileLog, .logs=log[defaultTrace],log[consoleLog], log[defaultTrace].pattern=..\..\work\log_bootstrap.log, /.severity=Info, log[consoleLog].formatter=formatter[ConsoleFormatter], formatter[ConsoleFormatter]=TraceFormatter, log[consoleLog]=com.sap.engine.bootstrap.logging.BootstrapConsoleLog, log[defaultTrace].cnt=3, formatter[BootstrapFormatter]=TraceFormatter, log[defaultTrace].formatter=formatter[BootstrapFormatter], formatter[ConsoleFormatter].pattern=%m, log[defaultTrace].limit=5242880, .severity=Info, formatter[BootstrapFormatter].pattern=[%24d] %m}}, debugoff
* Bootstrap initialized for 234 ms.

Initializing DB connection...
SecStoreFS object initialized.
setDefaultFilenames () called, filename = "D:\usr\sap\PI1\SYS\global/security/data/SecStore.properties".
File version = "7.00.000.001", software version = "7.00.000.001".
File version = "7.00.000.001", software version = "7.00.000.001".
setDefaultKeyFilename () called, filename = "D:\usr\sap\PI1\SYS\global/security/data/SecStore.key".
Check record okay.
Existing store opened.
ile version = "7.00.000.001", software version = "7.00.000.001".
Entering setDefaultsFromProperties()
com.sap.sql.trace.j2ee.cnt is 10
com.sap.sql.trace.j2ee.limit is 10000000
Exiting setDefaultsFromProperties()
SecStoreFS object initialized.
* DB connection initialized for 2797 ms.

* Launching external modules...
Calling the Configuration Manager's persistInstanceProfile()...
Component: [Configuration Manager] of type [external]
Message: [ * Problem occurred while executing the Configuration Manager's persistInstanceProfile()]
com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.NameNotFoundException: A configuration with the path "cluster_config/system/instances/ID39764" and cid "unknown" does not exist.
	at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ConfigurationHandlerImpl.openConfiguration(ConfigurationHandlerImpl.java:943)
	at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ConfigurationHandlerImpl.openConfiguration(ConfigurationHandlerImpl.java:892)
	at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.persistInstanceProfile(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:380)
	at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.HelperImpl.executePersistInstanceProfile(HelperImpl.java:51)
	at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.launchExternalModules(Bootstrap.java:104)
	at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:228)