cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Integration for PPM - ECC on the same Instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I would like to know how FICO integration can be performed if SAP PS and SAP PPM 5.0 are on the same instance.

a) Do we need ALE Integration if both PS and PPM are on the same instance

b) In PPM 5.0 report RPM_FIN02 is replaced by RPM_FICO_DATA_Transfer and report /RPM/FIN_PLAN_INT is replaced by /RPM/FICO_INT_PLANNING is my understanding correct

c) There is no External Object linking - so to link PS WBS Elements do we use Relationships -> Object Links tab on Portfolio Item

Previously in PPM 4.5 , if the PPM and ECC are on different instance , then we would have performed the following activities to get financials back into PPM

a) External Object linking - Connected the related PS WBS Elements to the Portfolio Item in the front end

b) Run Report RPM_FIN02 in ECC ( Generate Idoc for the Portfolio Item)

c) Run /RPM/fin_plan_int in PPM ( to retrive the IDOC information and fill in the RPM_FIDATA table which will fill in financial planning views)

Thank you..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a)If you have RPM_FICO_DATA_Transfer available in your system then you do not need to setup ALE integration.

b) Yes

c) Yes

Regards,

Alok.

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

In SAP PPM 5.0, the integration is based on RFC call rather than idoc. So, there is no need to set up ALE settings.

Also, in SAP PPM 5.0, the project in SAP PS can be created directly from SAP PPM based on PS project template. Or you can assign the project also manually.

And running the report /rpm/fico_itn_planning will synch the cost between SAP PS and SAP PPM.

Regards

Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184335
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is the issue resolved ? My PS, FI and PPM are in same serve, while I run this report, what to give in RFC destination ?

Any help ?

Regards,

AP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Experts..

Regards,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

did you resolve this issue, we are facing the same.

we execute the below report, also PPM and FICO are in same system 

• /RPM/FICO_INT_PLANNING

Thanks & regards

Yasar