cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any kind of change log for UME?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any kind of logging of changes to users or roles in UME? We are on GRC 5.3 SP13.

We have a strange situation in our production RAR system. The Change History shows some changes where made to a function on 7/8. However the userid indicated by the Changed By field currently shows as not havig access to make function changes in production.

They can make function changes in test, so I thought maybe they did an Rule Import. However they don't have the access in production to perform the Rule Import either. Also, the Change History in the test RAR system does not show any changes to the function in question by this userid on 7/8.

I am assuming that if you did a Rule Import and brought over the Change History records, the date on these records would be the exact same as shown in test. (i.e. they would show the date when the function change was made in the test system, not the date when the Change History was imported into production)

Also the Change History shows the last Rule Upload was on 7/2, and the last Rule Generation was also run on 7/2. This would seem to indicate that no one else performed a Rule Import on 7/8 either.

Any ideas on what happened?

The only thing I can think of is that this user did have the access back on 7/8, but that it has since been removed. But I don't have a way to prove this.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Looking at your explanation, it seems impossible situation. How ever I remember in early patches of GRC AC 5.3 there was an issue with RAR change log. The change history would show wrong IDs in Function/Risk change.

That was fixed in patch 9. Not sure whether the same issue is returned again.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

You can check user details in the path /nwa>Monitoring>Java System Reports -->User Activites

Rgds,

Raghu