cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSCR keys and developer licenses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do all users with SSCR keys need to be registered as developers / receive developer licenses?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only users who need to change any SAP object needs Developer licenses.As per user id Developer license is given.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks N. Das! So, if I user gets an SSCR key changes only objects in customer namespaces (Y, Z) and never requests an SAP Object key - that user can be classified as TEST only in DEV system? Especially, when (as in my case) that same user already has a Productive user license in PROD system?

In that case, does SAP track real developers only by seeing who changes SAP specific objects / via object keys requested?

Big Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi Ivan Colakovic,

you need to cross check with your SAP EULA & then register the users as developers as per the number of users listed in your SAP EULA.

it is very clear that, you should not register more users than your EULA; as developers in SAP market place.

Yes! SAP will keep track on the registered objects.

when ever the service call/request raised to SAP, they will cross check whether the objects are changed by customer or not. SAP OSS will support only if those programs are intact and giving problem in executing.

i.e.. the Std should not be changed.

you need to register and change the standard only if necessary & there is no other way to resolve.

Kind regards,

Raghavendra Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information. However, we did get a bit off track with the object changes, etc.

My main questions is whether a user that gets an SSCR key must be counted as developer user during license audit. The same user already has productive (not developer) license in PROD and I want to make sure that two licenses are not being consumed by the same user (1 developer - because of SSCR key in DEV system and 1 Productive).

The number of developer licenses is not an issue - I just don't want to have to classify this user as developer as I already assigned them a Productive license in PROD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your user should be declared as developper in the developement system and as test user in the other systems.

The developer licence is the most expensive...

Regards,

Olivier

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes SAP will Track. And if you get a developer key for any user then you will be able to do any standard object changes in DEV system as per your client settings availibility.

Thanks

Pranay