cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Upgrade from 7.0 EHP1 to BI 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our BI ABAP is on 7.0 EHP1. We are planning to upgrade it to BI 7.3.

Doubts:

1. I am looking for BI specific upgrade document.

2. And the SAPup tool version to be used for this and any related document for this.

3. Is there any known issues after upgrade to BI 7.3

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this.....Now i am struck at step where i need vendor keey for keeping my BPC add-on comonent at current version.

Currently my BPC add-on CPMBPC is at 7.0...i have opened an SAP mesage and waiitng for SAP to provide the vendor key...

If you have any idea about this,please suggest.

Thanks

Goldy

Madhu-Teklink
Explorer
0 Kudos

Any updates on BW 7.01 (With BPC) upgrade to BW 7.3 ?

Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for the reply....

Now i am in phase when it asks me to keep some of my components.

Out ST-A/PI version is 01M_BCO700...do we need to upgrade this component or we can keep it.

I have searched SAP notes, but coudn't find the vendor key for this.

Thanks

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check Note 1083365.

As I understand there is a major change in your NW release during the upgrade, it is recommended to upgrade the ST-A/PI to 01N* as well.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for information....I appreciate your help on guiding me...

I had another couple of questios:

1. We are on oracle 10.2..can we upgrade to oracle 11.2 first and then start with the system upgrade. Is there any known issues when we use this path....or shal we use different approcah?

2. I dont have all the languages installed on my system. But the Language CD has all the languages. My question is..Will the upgrade tool ask for the specific languages which needs to be installed on the system?

Thanks

Goldy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

- You should be able to upgrade the DB software to oracle 11.2 (NW 7.01 support oracle 11.2). After the DB upgrade you can proceed with the Netweaver upgrade.

- Upgrade will ask for Language DVD to update the existing languages during the upgrade. Incase you want addtional languages to be installed during the upgrade - you will have to clasify the new languages in tcode SMLT and then during the upgrade these will be imported. Refer to the upgrade guide at http://service.sap.com/instguides -> SAP Netweaver 7.3 -> Upgrade for more info.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on BW 7.0 EHP1 SP7 and Target level is BW 7.3 SP3.

1. i have checked the update dependency analyzer and it doest not show any dependency. Can someone please confirm if we can directly move from BI 7.0 EHP1 SP7 to BI 7.3 SP3 or shall we upgrade our current BW to latest SP level.

2. Also, our Solman Displayed following components for target level BI 7.3 SP3 - SAP_BASIS , SAP_ABA, SAP_BW , PI_BASIS , ST-PI , BI_CONT and Kernel 720.

Are these the only packages we need....As i was studying the Upgraded guide for BI 7.0 EHP1 SP7 to BI 7.3 SP3 and it was refering to the export packages and language packages. Can someone please confirm what is the right approcach?

I will appreciate the help provided on this.

Thanks

Goldy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

- Yes you could directly upgrade from NW 7.01 SP07 to NW 7.3 SP03. Check Note 1528990 for equivalence SP level information.

- The upgrade export DVD would contain only the data to upgrade upto NW 7.3 SP00. The Solution Manager is required to download the additional SPs from SP01 to SP03 - and along with that the stack xml. All the respective packages and stack xml have to be placed in the EPS\in folder. The upgrade program uses the upgrade exports DVD as well as the downloaded SPs from Solution Manager MOPZ to directly upgrade to NW 7.3 SP03.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Srikishan

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The upgrade program uses the upgrade exports DVD as well as the downloaded SPs from Solution Manager MOPZ to directly upgrade to NW 7.3 SP03.

just to add:

one has to select SP02 in MOPZ, SP03 is not (yet) supported for the upgrade.

Markus

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

BI is installed on a Netweaver system, so, you have to follow Netweaver 7.3 upgrade guide. You can find this upgrade guide on https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/instguidesnw73.

I think latest release of SAPup is SAPup release lmt_002, version 41.000. You can check SAP note 1403832.

Thanks

Sunny