cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP Workspace (Perspectives and Views)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I am in the process of installing and setting up my SUP Workspace.

I cannot find Mobile Development perspective, and cannot find views like Workspace Navigator and Enterprise Explorer.

Can anyone help in telling me what I need to do to get these perspectives and views?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think you have installed sup in the admin user and now you were using the other user, make the sybase installed folder permissionas allow all to your local user.

Regards

Ram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recently installed SUP 2.0 over an existing install of SUP 1.5.5. However when I started up the Unwired Workspace I did not see the Mobile Development perspective and the Workspace Navigator/Enterprise Explorer views you mentioned.

After some searching through some Sybase forums and documentation I eventually found it was a problem with how I unzipped the SUP 2.0 installation files prior to setup. To fix the problem I had to unzip the install files again, uninstall the SUP 2.0 Unwired Workspace and then re-install it again. Next time I logged into the Unwired Workspace the Mobile Development perspective and the Workspace Navigator/Enterprise Explorer views were present.

I'm not sure if this is the same problem you are experiencing but it worked for me.

Regards,

Colin Laffan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Laffaner, but I'd like to clarify a bit. You have to zip the files into the same location. If you do not you'll have to manually copy all the module directories within each distribution zip to the same place and run setup. If you don't do this you'll have problems beyond just the mobile workspace perspectives. I wasted a day on this as well, but I never really found any documentation or forum advice. Laffaner, can you post the resources that got you to the answer on this one?

Jesse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Something worked after more of zipping, unzipping and downloads. Thanks Jesse, and Colin. Ram, I don't think admin user id was my issue, but it is good to know that (have assigned you points).

Although, I have no clue why the Resource perspective for example that was showing earlier has gone away. I get this feeling that I may just have to re-install all over; something of what you said Jesse - problems beyond just this perspective.

Right now, since I am new to this; and looking at tutorials on Sybase Online and simple creations of my own; hopefully other perspectives are not so important just now. Can somebody tell me if I am right or wrong with this assumption?

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We faced the same issue on multiple installations of SUP1.5.2. The best way to install SUP 2.0 is to un-install any previous versions (especially 1.6) and then install the latest 2.0 release.

What we did explained in steps

1. Un-install SUP from System

2. Install SUP and check if everything is ok

3. IF all fine then you are good to go

4. If it still doesn't work Then Uninstall whatever u can

5. Delete the sybase folder

6. Delete all keys containing Sybase in Registry editor

7, Do a clean install of SUP 2.0

Thanks

Pradeep