cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 4.0 - LAC - Internet Connection Interrupted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurues,

Hi, I hope you can help me. I have a rare situation, with an Auction in progress the internet connection of the server was short interrupted with 2 bidders connected.

The clock of the clients applets stopped remaining 4 minutes 59 seconds and never refresh again; on the other hand them still chatting...so I'm not sure if the applet lost some kind of syncro with the server or what...

Someone have some idea if it's possible? the solution is reconnect in order to re-sincronyze the applet?

The new LAC releases have solved that kind of issues?

I will really appreciate your help!

SRM 4.0

LAC 2.0

Thanks in advance!

Gax

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tyn,

Yes, it is correct... do you mean that in the new LAC versions not significant improvements has made?

Best Regards,

Gax

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gax,

To solve your problem, maintain the polling interval in the auction properties table. Also make sure that you have added the right roles to the rfc user which connects LAC. To answer your question about LAC in SRM 7.0, i have used it extensively but have not faced this issue, SAP has released a new jar file in March 2011 and connection errors are not prevalent now.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Grawpie

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Last question, do you know if is possible to update the ONLY the LAC version without update SRM to 7.01 ??

Best Regards.

Gax

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Grawpie,

THANKS A LOT for you help! Could you indicate to me where can I find the LAC properties table, and wich parameters I need to check?

Thanks in advance!

Gax

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gax, question for you, the Auction participants could see the time stopped with 4:59 left on the clock but they could still be chatting on the Cockpit? is that correct?

It seems to me that it does not matter which LAC version you are on, once the internet connection is interrupted, they must have to refresh the applet to retrieve syncro againg.

Connection cannot be brought back up by itself.

Regards,

Tyn