cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot save document with CV01N on contract header level (VBAK)

johndeconinck
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Does anyone know if it is possible through transaction CV01N to save a document at contract header level (trx. VA43). Currently only dynpro 215 is available from standard SAP for object type VBAP. In customizing, object type VBAK does not seem to be available (Cross-appl. Components->Document Management->Control Data->Define Document Types....->Define object links).

Many thanks in advance,

John De Coninck.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

..anyone know if it is possible through transaction CV01N to save a document at contract header level (trx. VA43). ..

Not possible.No feature available in DMS standard setup for this requirement.

What is the nature of documents that you intend to upload? See if Archivelink can be used in your case wherein you may enable the GOS icon at header level(via a FM) for attaching documents.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

johndeconinck
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pradeepkumar,

The nature of the documents could be of any type (XLS,DOC,JPG,PDF,TIFF,....).

I was actually thinking of defining in customizing a new document type and linking it to an alternative screen and program exit copied from screen 101 program SAPLCV00, but it didn't work (dump said error using screentype subscreen) and linking "custom" object type VBAK to this document type with it's respective screen number. Than, the logic to save this document correctly on DMS would still be missing I imagine, as well as having the possibility to view the attatchment from VA42/VA43.

We already have archivelink in place for workflow, but I do not know how to activate the GOS icon. If possibile, could you kindly explain me how to perform this setup and what function module to implement where?

Thanks and kind regards,

John De Coninck.

Answers (0)