cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Practise system

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to install a test system for practise - which system is available for this purpose - i want to practise on a system similar to ecc6 installation

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

I would like to practise on an installation similiar to ecc6+post installation configuration - which is the best suited system from the systems shown on the table?

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Again, this sneak preview is only the technology layer and there will be no config for the functional modules. You just get the "Basis" layer. You can do some basis config, but no core module config. I don't know if there is an ECC6 IDES system available or not.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you are looking to work just with the technology layer, meaning building BSPs, Web Dynpro ABAP apps, Report programs, dialog programs, etc. THen you want to download the Netweaver 2004s Sneak Preview edition. This does not include any of the functional modules like SD, MM, PP, PM, FI, HR, etc. Just the technology which those modules are built apond.

Here is the link, you want the Full ABAP edition(last column) Download the engine and SAPgui.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/cfc19866-0401-0010-35b2-dc8158247fb6

You can refer to this guide for installation

/people/sugree.phatanapherom/blog/2005/08/17/a-visual-installation-guide-on-sneak-preview-sap-netweaver-04-abap-edition

Regards,

Rich Heilman