cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman 7.1: Creation of RFC destination in managed system error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I tried to create RFC connections between SolMan 7.1 SP1 and a managed system using RFC Maintenance in Technical system editor. The system shows me the following error:

"Creation of RFC destination in managed system with communication type Unicode not possible See note #1515008"

Note 1515008 tells me to implement SAP note 1577270 which is already done and to upgrade ST-PI package from SP4 to ST-PI 2008_1_700: SP 0005. But I cannot found SP5 in SMP. The RFC connections in the managed systems are available anyway.

But when I try to connect the managed system via SDCCN to my SolMan 7.1 the system throws the following error:

"Back destination from system ET4 to master system SM1 cannot be found."

or

"RFC destination could not be generated in system ET4"

Both users have authorization for S_RFC_ACL and S_RFC.

Any ideas? Kind regards, Basti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you participating int eh Solution Manager 7.1 ramp-up?

The Release is not available for general release yet.

This may be why ST-PI 2008_1_700: SP 0005 is not available on SMP yet.

The latest relases is 2008_1_700: SP 0004.

You may need to raise an OSS message with SAP for the availability of ST-PI 2008_1_700: SP 0005 .

Since SAP Note 1515008 is stating part of the solution is to install this Release and SP Level as a minimum.

This is a required part of the Solution according to the Note.

I don't think SDN forums can help you in this instance, as the Note is specifying a component that is not released yet.

However Solution Manager 7.1 is not released yet for General Avalability.

While the suggestions colleagues have made are applicable to older version of Solution Manager, this specific issue in release 7.1 does have a specific Note that has a solution. However the solution is not availabe for GA yet, so ST-PI 2008_1_700: SP 0005 can't be downloaded from SMP and applied. So I am not sure if any of the suggestions are actually applicable in this instance, relating to 7.1.

If you are participating in the Ramp Up program, then you should be able to get this, but you will need to open a message.

That would be my recommendation.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your responses. Yes we are participating in the SolMan 7.1 Ramp Up program. The suggestions with SMSY will not work here because it uses the Technical system editor for this (and not SMSY). As Paul recommended I have opened an OSS message to get the download.

I keep the thread open and will let you know if this resolves the issue.

Kind regards, Basti

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello bd,

the problem is not the Unicode system, try to do this:

1.- go to SMSY -> product system -> clients tab

2.- delete all entries here

3.- add a new line with: productive client, dummy name, type productive, and dummy number

( this line will be update after rfc's assistant finish with the real remote system data )

4.- mark the line you have been created and clic con "generate RFC destinations", NOT THE ASSISTANT, this screen can be hard to understand at the first time, but is more useful and quick that assistant.

4.- ones you get "generate RFC destinations" popup with a million options just change this:

- Unmark "RFC destination with user" ( this flag create _back connection, we will create that connection later )

- Click the button "generate rfc connections" ( red and white clircle ).

- after that if you set correctly the "message server" with "target host routs ( check server info... /H/x.x.x./H/x.x.x )

you will be logon on customer system, here you have tu log with a user like DDIC ( if you have auth restriction you will ned a setup user on remote system ), you have to enter 3 times user and password on remote systems and 1 time to your solution manager ( use your user ).

- with this last step you will create 3 RFC's (read, tnw, trusted) on solution manager and 3 on remote system (back, trust ).

- you wil not have any problem on read and tnw, but you have to fix trusted conection, you can get hekp on this link:

[| ]

- now you can click on check rfc destinations and will get this 3 solman rfc's working fine.

5.- Now launch "generate RFC destinations", again and unmark first 4 check boxes.

Mark "RFC destination with user" ( you can see on rfc's list the back rfc to be generated on remote system )

click the "generate rfc connections", now the solman will create the _back connection on remote systems using trusted connection, now if you have set the "route destination on messager server /H/....../H/" that point to your solman from remote system you will not have any problem.

This step will add the _back connection on remote sdccn system.

6.- After that you have 3 solution manager rfc's working and 2 working rfc's on remote system.

7.- Now your problem with sdccn is solved, you can add the back connection rfc's on sdccn without problems.

8.- if you still get an error when adding the _back connection on sdccn, check _back rfc destination on sm59 before adding to sdccn.

i think that this will help you, if you still have problems ask me.

Regards:

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

What's the difference between READ_RFC, TRUSTED_RFC and TMW_RFC?  I want to use the BACK connection to get some information back from remote system, if I must use the TRUSTED_RFC to connect the remote system first?

Best regards,

Lulu

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think trusted RFC is not working between the system. Back RFC to solman from satellite system generates only if trusted RFC works between the 2 system.

I will suggest you the following:

1) Clear all RFC to & from solman and satellite system. Also delete users that get created when u setup this communication between system. Also delete satellite system from solman.

2) Create RFC between solman and satellite system manually (don't try to create trusted one)

3) Then make sure that users you use to define system in SMSY should have role with S_RFCACL.

4) After that create system in SMSY, it should generate trusted RFC between 2 system.

Thanks

Sunny