cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create contract from Flat file (legacy data) in SRM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having flat file which consists of Vendor details,Condition type,Quantity,Price etc but not the Contract ID.

I am trying hard to create contract from this set of available data, but nothing is happenning neither i am able come across any solution.

So I request pls share Is there any available BAPI or FM or any program???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are we talking about 1 contract or a list of multiple contracts?

In any case, I'd recommend that you explore the "Data Exchange" >> "Import" option from Contract POWL. The precondition is that you convert your flat file to an Excel spread sheet (XLS file) first. As to the format of the XLS file, what you can do is to download (with "Export" option) an existing contract in the list and take a look at the XLS format and draft accordingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly I am talking about multiple contracts which contain Vendor information, quantity, price everything in flat file (Exel sheet) .

So I need to upload it to SRM system directly in order to create contract.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It might not be as straightforward as it seems. The upload functionality according to my understanding is essentially to update an existing contract, not to create a new one. The process goes like this: 1) create a new contract online; 2) download the contract; 3) modify it offline; 4) upload the modified xls to update the same contract. And this goes one contract at a time.

But as I had suggested, explore the "Data Exchange" >> "Import" option and see if you could upload multiple contracts at a time and create new ones.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry yang that functionality does not supporting in my case.

I believe it should done by some FM..

Any idea ??? pls share

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to write your own report or function to create contract, FM BBP_PD_CTR_CREATE could be used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.

I tried usinf FM BBP_PD_CTR_CREATE but i ended with following errors.

M MSGID MSG MESSAGE

A BBP_PD 550 Incorrect interface data for set 78 in method C

A BBP_PD 550 Incorrect interface data for set 77 in method C

A BBP_PD 550 Incorrect interface data for set 61 in method C

A BBP_PD 550 Incorrect interface data for set 35 in method C

A BBP_PD 550 Incorrect interface data for set 34 in method C

A BBP_PD 550 Incorrect interface data for set 21 in method C

A BBP_PD 550 Incorrect interface data for set #6 in method C

A BBP_PD 550 Incorrect interface data for set #5 in method C

A BBP_PD 550 Incorrect interface data for set #4 in method C

A BBP_PD 550 Incorrect interface data for set #3 in method C

E BBP_PD 428 Enter exactly one partner of type Supplier

E BBP_PD 428 Enter exactly one partner of type Responsible Employee

A BBP_PD 198 The data for creating an attachment is insufficient

E BBP_PD 101 Enter at least one item

A BBP_PD 002 Interface data contains errors

A BBP_PD 002 Interface data contains errors

A BBP_PD 002 Interface data contains errors.

Could you share how to resolve the above errors ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I would suggest you do is the following:

1. Set an external breakpoint in FM BBP_PD_CTR_CREATE and FM BBP_PD_CTR_UPDATE.

2. From web user interface, e.g. portal, click on "Create Contract" button and try to fill in the values according to your flat file.

3. When you hit the FM breakpoints, examine the parameters which are filled and follow the pattern of information as a reference when filling in the values from your report. And observe the call stack so that you know what you need to write in your own program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

You would have to call the below functions to create the contract:

BBP_PD_CTR_CREATE

BBP_PD_CTR_SAVE

COMMIT WORK

The errors which you have got are more or less self-explanatory - you have not passed vendor and there are no items in contract. If you pass all the data then BBP_PD_CTR_CREATE will not issue any errors.

Another approach is - try creating contract manually in UI. See what all data you have to enter - make sure you pass all these data in your program before calling BBP_PD_CTR_CREATE.

Rgds,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prasanna,

Thanks for reply.. Well i tried eliminating as much as errors but i found DUMP saying that an exception by name "CX_BBP_PD_ABORT" was not caught anywere along.

could you pls help how to get over of ?? I am still am not able to post contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you check in ST22, you will be able to see call stack. and put a break point in the program which is raising abort message to know what is cauing this abort message.

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasanna,

I tried with everything but every time whenever i tried passing new values, the errors are always behind me.

So i request if you could show me the minimal vendor and item data for structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

How are you? I have the same requirement..We need create contracts to SRM 7.0 from other system.

I try to implement the hybrid solution between SRM and Legacy System. All contract must be create ate SRM with information's from legacy system.

How you solved this? Could help me?

We try to use the FM:

BBP_PD_CTR_CREATE

BBP_PD_CTR_UPDATE

BBP_PD_CTR_SAVE

COMMIT WORK

But its difficult..

Tks,

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI kristin,

Initially I tried creating contract directly in SRM system but there was big concern that although I am able to create contract in SRM but that contract number not getting to release.

I tried few fm to change the status to Release but was not successfull

so until and unless we release the contract it does nt make sense.

due to this concern we later dropped  out this plan so we created contract in ECC system. later we replicated this contracts into SRM.

regards

sahil purushan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

How are you? I have the same requirement..We need create contracts to SRM 7.0 from other system.

I try to implement the hybrid solution between SRM and Legacy System. All contract must be create ate SRM with information's from legacy system.

How you solved this? Could help me?

We try to use the FM:

BBP_PD_CTR_CREATE

BBP_PD_CTR_UPDATE

BBP_PD_CTR_SAVE

COMMIT WORK

But its difficult..

Tks,

Kris