cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different options to merge records automatically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one please do let me know what are the different options/ways we can automatically merge a record?

Regards,

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

In addition to what I already mentioned,let me jot down my 2 cents here:

If in any case you are going for automatic merging of records,then you have to assumption/decions to make.

I mean you will either have to assume that your repository data is in very good shape and final merged record will take all the field data in MDM OR the source is in better shape and final field value should be picked from incoming record.

Now if you assume the former,that implies data is in good shape,then question comes how come duplicates are still there?

In case you use later assumption,you would have to ensure that data is in best shape through Validations/Assignments/Approvals and also take a call that MDM is storing data only for reporting purpose or hormonization also.

The following blog can give a fair idea regarding the code :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b080b97d-8194-2c10-fa97-dd5940195...

In all its a risky venture when you are going ahead with assumption with critical master data as it can cost big to business.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

First debate is what you want to achieve using automatic merging? A system can only gives you number of potential duplicates for a particular record, which need to be merged with manual intervention of business people.

A system can not decide which record should be merged with any duplicate, its human.

This feature is neither supported by SAP MDM nor should be supported in near future, if business needs a smoth running.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

Automatic merging is not supported in MDM and rightly so. For merging the records we need to select the value of fields which lie in different records to be merged. This needs to be decided manually applying the business knowledge.

thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajiv,

This is something currently not supported by standard components in MDM.

Perhaps workaround can be achieved using APIs.

One thread talks about the same :

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

Ravi