Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace WS Adapter

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am on XI 7.1 and I am using WS Adapter at Receiver side in an ECC to SRM side. We have not used Direct Connection. It is throwing errors, Error while determining logical port Cannot find logical port for agreement.

Since I don't see anything configured under Direct Connections, I assume that, we are not using it. There is no mapping and its done by downloading Standard Content from market place.

Can I substitute WS with XI Adapter and proceed with the scenario?

Regards

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Since I don't see anything configured under Direct Connections, I assume that, we are not using it. There is no mapping and its done by downloading Standard Content from market place. Can I substitute WS with XI Adapter and proceed with the scenario?

If your communication is not web service between ecc and srm. Then on the receiver side, you can use just proxy to handle this. WS adapter can be configured in two ways. One is Direct connection. That requires even no mapping. Just direct connection object to configure between ecc and srm to connect ws runtime of both systems. Basically both ecc and srm abap stack talks using direct connection. In your situation since you dont see any direct connection configuration, go with proxy and simplify your communication.

Yes, You are right. WS adapter documents are not that much available as of now.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you are not using direct connections, you can replace the WS adapter with XI adapter and use inbound proxy in this case.

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With 7.1 you cannot work with WS Adapter. Patch level should be 7.11 then you can work with WSA.

If your scenario is ECC to SRM then go with Proxy's.

Regards

Pothana