Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cann't start the server

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello sap experts

i am running ides ecc 5.0 on msql on win envirn

when i import my system profiles from tcode rz10

and restart the system could not start msg server and disp server are not started, i am not able start the my application server error showing profile parameter mismatch SAPSYSTEMNAME OR SAPSYSTEM DOESN'T MATCH

strange thng when i was troubleshooting in my mmc now i am not able see anything from subtree sapsystems

can anyone help me out it is quite critical for me

thanks and regs

sandeep kora

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

For remedy solution, firstly you can revert back the previous profiles which is usually end with file extension: .bak and it's located at: \usr\sap\<SAPSID>\SYS\profile

There are three profiles: Start profile, Default profile and Instance profile that you need to revert back, but before that you can backup the current profiles first. After you have successfully reverted back, then try to start the SAP instance again from SAP MMC screen.

If it's successfully started, then you have to manually compare between the current up-running profiles with the one that is not running. Check especially for the below parameters: SAPSYSTEMNAME, INSTANCE_NAME, SAPSYSTEM, SAPGLOBALHOST, SAPDBHOST, rdisp/mshost.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Also take a look at note: Note 82655 - Instance not configured correctly, which describe how to configure the Instace profile correctly.

Regards,

Mark