cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in setting up BO Mobile Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are setting up BO mobile application in our office.

Can anybody please guide me on how to go about the same?

What are the software that will be needed?

What are the hardware requirements? e.g. blackberry, ipad,etc

Edited by: Daniel Ninan on Jul 19, 2011 2:51 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Is your query resolved or you are still looking for an answer?

I can tell you the softwares in brief. If you need more info....feel free to ask.

On server side:

1. BO Enterprise server should be present.

2. Mobile installation (BO XI 3.1 or 4)

After the installation, some configuration is needed on server side.

On client side (Blackberry etc). I have done it for Blackberry simulator so I can tell you for that. Not sure about real Blackberry device.

1. MDS

2. Blackberry simulator

3. BO Mobile application on Blackberry simulator

Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

I have similar issues of Daniel. I am setting up a mobile server at my office so that every one can access the documents both internally at office and externally outside office.

I installed windows 2008 server and made two servers a master and client (hyper V). On master i installed BOBJ 4.0 and BOXI 4.0 client. Now i am confused on installing mobile server and configuring.

Should i install on Hyper V or master server where BOE runs? Also how can i set up proxy server here?

I would appreciate if you can give steps for configuring the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I used same server for BOE and Mobile installation. Althogh, you can use different servers as well but you have to go through documentation.

The steps are as follows:

On Server side:

1. Install Mobile server.

2. Start Mobile authentication server and Mobile job server from Services.msc. If they are not present in services.msc then you have to start it from Start -> All programs -> BO mobile. Once you will start them from this location they will be visible in services.msc.

3. Define connection parametres in Mobile server. For this you have to change 3 files.

VAS server file (C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Mobile 12\server\VAS\config\server.config is the path generally if you have not changed it).

(ii) VAS congig file (:\Program Files\Business Objects\Mobile 12\server\VAS\config\cluster.config)

(iii)VMS Server file (:\Program Files\Business Objects\Mobile 12\server\VMSServer\config\server.config)

4. Deploy mobile client by deploying the war file.

On client side (Blackberry etc):

I have done it for Blackberry simulator so I can tell you for that. Not sure about real Blackberry device.

1. Install MDS

2. Install Blackberry simulator

3. Install BO Mobile application on Blackberry simulator.

If all the installations are fine then you should be able to connect to server using simulator.

Regards,

Ankur