cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Created logical port via soamanagern, RFC connection missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I automaticly created a new logical port using a WSDL to use a Web Service in ABAP.

When I looked for the RFC connection (sm59) to maintain a user in the Logon & Security tab, I could not find the RFC Connection. Neither was a HTTP connection stated in the Administrativ Information of the logical port, as it is usual.

Am I missing something?

Thanks very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Did you automatically create this logical port using TCode SOAMANAGER?

You won't find logical ports listed in SM59.

Regards, Trevor

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

i think my problem was, that I had to maintain user name and pw to use the web-service and i found out, that I can maintain them, when creating the logical port manually. When I remember it correctly, I still did not have a RFC-Connection maintianed in SM59.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

So did you ever get your web-service working? Cause mine isn't. I think I need that RFC-Connection to get the web-service working but maybe there is something else I need to do instead of having the RFC-connection in SM59. Do you have any idea?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I got it working.

So what is the error you get? What problem do you have exactly? I hope I remember something.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

Sorry for the late reply. I do not get any error, the problem I have is that after the creation of the logical port through SOAMANAGER, I don´t see any RFC connection in SM59. I got information in other post I wrote, that I wont get that RFC connection because the auto creation of the RFC connection when a logical port is created has been discontinued in newer versions.

Now I have to check if there is something wrong with my network because I can not consume the webservice I need.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Trevor,

I just found the solution myself. Yes i did create it automaticly with the soamanager. I just found out, that I can maintain a user ID and pw when I create it manually.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I know it's more than a year since you had that problem, but could you please help me?. I am having the same problem. I created the logical port in SOAMANAGER but I don't see the RFC destination in SM59. Did you fix your problem when you created the logical port manually?

Thanks for your help