cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing Interfaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a very basic question. SAP has come out with a technology XI which could be used to develop integration between all different systems within my organisation and even outside my organisation.

Now, suppose an organisation wants to implement XI, what will happen to the existing interfaces, which the organisation has been using so far? Will XI replace all those interfaces or the previous interfaces will continue to exist along with the XI?

Can you throw more light on this pls...

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Just to add to what Michal has already said, ur interfaces could be monitored from either the runtime workbench, or sxmb_moni. Using message monitoring, an end-to-end information could also be obtained. Sure makes troubleshooting a lot easier

cheers

Prashanth

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the existing solution is comfortable with the customers/end users, then it is diffcult introduce XI. But you can always give better approach.SO the longer run, they may tink of going for XI. But for this you need to study existing system and make good analysis with XI..

So if the landscape is using XI in maximum numbers for the integration, then automatically there is a chance of replacing XI for the existing interfaces. SO totally depends on ease of maintainability, use of easiness etc

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for sharing your views.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the longer term all existing interface should

be replaced by the XI

why?

as one of the main advantages of the XI

is that you can monitor <b>all </b>flows

form one place (RWB, SXMB_MONI)

so you don't need to open one tool

to check if one interface is ok

and then another tool to see it another interface is ok..

so sure you can have old interfaces and XI interfaces

but if you really want to utilise the XI

you should have all of them done by just one

message broker tool (XI)

just my point o view

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Michal.