Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Inspection Plan

former_member184595
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Need clarification regarding Inspection Plan. We observe that in our company the inspection plan are created double record for a material. Actually we have two z-tcodes for creating inspection plan. The 1st is scheduled job which creates inspection plan automatically and with the second tcode ,we create inspection plan manually.

I would like to know what is the impact if we have 2 inspection plans for the same material. May i know why the program is creating double inspection plan though already one inspection plan is existing. Please suggest us how to avoid this.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same material can have multiple inspection plans. Every inspection plan has a validity. Yu can have same material, plant combination and usage is also same for inspection plan, but in two different inspection plans you may have two different validity.

Also, possibility is there your material has different inspection plans for different usages.

Yo u have to check carefully what is the difference between two inspection plans created by Z-tcodes.

former_member184595
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your inputs.

I would like to know what is the impact if we have 2 inspection plans for the same material. May i know why the program is creating double inspection plan though already one inspection plan is existing. Please suggest us how to avoid this.

Thanks in advance.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

The impact of having 2 inspection plans for the same material.

1. If both the inspection plans have same usage (say 5) inspection lot will go in CRTD mode. You can not clear such lots and the stock gets trapped in quality inspection. There are other alternatives to remove this CRTD status. In short CRTD status is undesired effect.

2. On the contrary if these inspection plans have different usage then no problem at all.

How to avoid creating inspection plans twice?

1. Remove the authorisation of unwanted transaction code from user profile through basis module.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya!

What is the logic behind creating inspection plan automatically? Is there in any check that if one plan exists for the material then it shouldn't create another? May be you can go through the logic to see if anything is missing there.

former_member184595
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for all of you for your valuable inputs. I had rewarded points to all.

0 Kudos

Hello Aditya,

first of all you should check the following:

The plan header (PLKO) has the following key fields Client (MANDT), Plan type (PLNTY), Plan number (PLNNR), Plan alternative (PLNAL) and Plan counter (ZAEHL) if you have created identical entries this would lead to a dump with DUPREC.

Then you have one other tables you should take into account:

Material plan assignment MAPL

and finally check the validity dates and if change numbers are used.

As long as there are no 2 identical plans, this shouldn't lead to any problems.

Maybe this is the information you need.

Regards

Isabelle