cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTR Command Line Tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am trying to delete a track in NWDI, after a few search, I find out that I need to remove the DTR with DTR Command Line Tool.

I also find out that the tool should be available under the folder "<NWDI installation folder>\eclipse\tools\dtr".

But the problem is I cannot locate this folder, any idea how can I locate it?

Regards

Bill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is where you nwds is installed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for all the help

Sorry for the late reply, found it under the NWDS installation folder.

Was trying to locate the file at server side because the document read "<NWDI installation folder>". =(

Regards

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

One more question, would like to know it mean:

1) I need to install NWDS at server side to remove the DTR stuff left behind

OR

2) This tool is used to delete the DTR workspace at developer machine?

Regards

Bill

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill

You can install in the developer machine and connected the DTR system and completed the activities.

Hope it will helps

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you need to install NWDS anyway, then it is fine, but if you only need the DTR console to do some activites on DTR workspaces, then as mentioned you can also just copy the dtr console folder from any existing NWDS installation and use it.

Even if you just extract the NWDS from the corresponding JIDE...SAR file (you have downloaded from the marketplace) you can use the DTR console right away without installing NWDS itself. After extraction you find it under "..../J2EE-RUNT-CD/IDE/eclipse/tools/dtr"

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for the reply, I got the idea now.

Regards

Bill

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the tool can be executed from anywhere. It is just a client application, in any case you need to connect to the DTR server using this client application. There is no need to install anything anywhere, the DTR console is just a standalone tool located in NWDS folder (up to 700 as mentioned previously, as of 711 it is not even part of the NWDS installation), you can treat it as a separate applciation.

Cheers,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

perhaps your release is higher equal to 711.

From 7.11 onwards the DI command line tools are not provided in the eclipse/tools folder anymore.

Instead they are provdided in the SCA file DICLIENTS.SCA --> tcdicmd_tools~sda.sda

Extract this SDA file from the SCA and then unzip it to get the DI command line tools.

Hint: Once you rename the SCA to zip, you can extract with a normal extractor like winzip or winrar. Once you managed to extract the file tcdicmd_tools~sda.sda rename it also to zip and extract it too using normal extractor tools. Then you'll have a similar folder structure like on lower releases in the eclipse/tools folder was.

You find the SCA file here:

http://service.sap.com/patches --> Browse our Download Catalog - SAP NetWeaver and complementary products

-- SAP NETWEAVER CE -- SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NW CE 7.1 -- Entry by Component -- NW Development

Infrastructure --> DI CLIENTS 7.11

(Obviously if you have 720 or 730 then adjust the path accordingly)

See also https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-109423

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bill,

Please refer to the [Deleting a Track|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/33/71fe94e1834af8b5bd3c0e1de5ab41/content.htm]

You can find the DTR.bat file under "<NWDS installation folder like (C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\)>\eclipse\tools\dtr".

If you have not installed the NWDS, then you must install before use it.

Hope it will helps

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal