cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Overiding of QM for one of two plants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where I do procure a material from two plants. QM is active. My requirement is that for one of the two plant the stock should directly go to unrestricted location while for the other vendor it should go to quality stock.

Please advice.

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it not possible for you to de-activate QM (in procurement) for the second plant ? Otherwise, pl. enter "0000" for the second plant where you don't want QM in procurement to be active. Regards, KrishnaM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow the mapping Anand has suggested, its the best and standard one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In customizing for Quality Inspection, under inspection for goods movements, you must set the QM inactive indicator for the new Z goods movement type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must either create a new movement type and deactivate quality inspection for it, then use it for goods receipts from plant 2, or by the help of enhancement QAAT0001, check vendor during goods receipt and assign inspection type as you like.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think if you will not assign the appropriate inspection type to the material in one of the plants, inspection lot will not be created, goods are received into unrestricted stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your response. The requirement is like.

Plant 1 :China,Plant 2: Italy

Material :X

Now Chinal Procures X from one of its chinese vendor from china. This time the regular inspection is needed and is done in SAP. Now It also buys some quantity from Italy plant.This time china does not want to do the inspection.

How to achieve this.

Regards,

Vivek

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I have 2 queries here.

1. Have you created Italy as vendor code in your system through XK01?

2. With which movement type you are receiving material in China plant from Italy vendor?

If the answers to above questions are yes and 101 respectively, your requirement can be fulfilled in standard ways.

1. You need to activate inspection type 01 in material master in china plant.

2. Also you need to have procurement tick activated in material master.

3. Create Q-Info records for this material with above 2 vendors.

4. For creating Q-Info record for Italy vendor select u201CNo Inspectionu201D in u201CInsp controlu201D

5. As a result of which inspection lot will not be generated for vendor Italy ensuring no inspection.

6. At the same time inspection remains active for all other vendors.

Just check this out!

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand,

Instead of what you have adviced,I am trying the following approach.

Hi all,

I have created a Z movement type from 101 & deactivated the quality management. Now when I try to do a goods reciept for a raw material for purchase order ,the sytsem is taking the stock to quality stock type.The material is active for QM and is having 01 inspection type. Please advice me how can I make the system to take this stock to unrestricted storage location.

For the regular procurement where Inspection is required I would be using regular Movement type 101.

Please advice whether this can be worked out.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u maintained quality information record (QI01),in that inspection control tab if u maintained No Inspection X,lot will not created for that vendor and that particular plant.

For other plant u maintain as Inspection active if vendor not certified.

Hope this will help u.

Regards,

siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your support.

Inspite of following your advise, this scenario is not working.On MIGO session I am able to post the scheduling agreement in both Unrestricted or Quality stock.The system is not having any control.

Regards,

Vivek