cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prerequisites to start creating a SAP mobile app

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am an ABAP consultant. Now a days, i dont have much work and so i was thinking if i can improve my skillset in other SAP technologies.

Can you please tell me the Prerequisites to start creating a SAP mobile app (using SUP 2.0??) I know nothing about mobile computing

What are the other languages i need to learn (e.g java etc). Also, tell if Apps are created differently for different OS (android and iphone)

Thanks in advance...

Edited by: karunsud on Jul 19, 2011 2:55 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

welcome to mobile development world.

Many approach was there to develop the mobile application.

1. SAP-> Jco-> SUP->Hybrid Container/ Workflow application

2. SAP-> GW-> SUP-> Native Development(oData approach, from SUP2.1)

3. SAP->JCo->SUP->Native Development

4. SAP-> DOE-> SUP-> Native Development

The approaches 1 & 2 for online simple applications 2 &3 for offline complex applications.

For approach 1 (hybrid container ) is based on the HTML,JS, and CSS the designing tool also available you can port these appication to Blacberry/ioS/Windows (Android availble only from SUP 2.1) so no need to learn other languages.

But for other approaches you should learn respective programming languages for the native application development.

Regards,

Ram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to have personal developer edition setup.

SUP 2.0 or 2.1,

jco file to make sap connections in SUP workspace, and some simulator like windows and blackberry.

If you want to develop native app for iPhone u need to learn Objective C for android u need java.

for workflow app there is no coding in frontend....

and believe me workflow app is hot cake now.....