Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOA Manager

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am on XII 7.1. I tried the Transaction SOAMANAGER, and I got the error Unknown host, the server does not have a DNS entry. I checked the hosts file and there is no entry there. How do I get the IP Address so that I can add it in Hosts file?

How can I find it out ?

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

enter trasaction code SXMB_IFR, in brose it will open PI host details and for yoru IP take it from SAP GUI , PI entry in GUI will have IP right.

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Raja,

When I open it in bowser, I get the server name and that already has an entry in the hosts file. So why I am still not able to open it ?

Both use the same IP address, don't they?

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check browser settings if pi system is in your local network (you need to flag "don't use proxy..." and set your pi hostname)

To get IP address, open CMD in your local OS, then use NSLOOKUP <hostname> command

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

The IP Address is already entered in the hosts file

Harish

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I removed the client name followed by local and then I entered the logon page. When I entered my credentials, I got this error,

The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

I went to ST22 in XI server and saw this error.

Exception CX_FQDN

Harish

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its the problem with FQDN (Fully qualified domain network), Check the status in RZ70, and take the basis guys help to fix.

Regards

Pothana

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

The issue was resolved when I unchecked "Proxy Server" under LAN Settings under the Internet Explorer.

Regards

Harish Babu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your purpose is to find IP for hostname, juss try this out

Goto windows -- run and then -- provide CMD then -- type PING hostname and then enter

Also clear cookies and files, check the sicf service is active at /sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/appl_soap_management is active in transaction SICF

Regards

Pothana

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Pothana,

That IP Address is already entrered in my Hosts file. It's the same as that of XI server and I have already entered it.

I checked, the service you mentioned is active in SICF

Regards

Harish