cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

i am newly trying to install sap ecc6.0.when i was doing installation,i run sapinst.exe file,i expand the tree,the central instance not available there,only dialog instance available.i click install dialog instance,next step profile path tab open. i click browse button,the profile file not available in my system.i am trying to install first time.i have installed jdk1.4.2_13 and oracle 10g.i din understand, what mistake i did.please kindly help to solve this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like you have mistakenly selected the tree entry in sapinst.

Could you please let us know the complete path you have selected?

Br,

Venky.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems you're on 32bit where central instances are no more supported. You need to use a 64bit OS.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you let me know what Hierarchy you have selected...you will get Central Instance/standard system option.

Regards,

Rajesh

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The installation master you have chosen is not supported for the OS platform you have. Please check and get the correct installation master DVD from SAP service marketplace.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have open the folder windows i386,there i got sapinst and sap gui exe file.i have 32 bit os. its wrong or write.

regards

hassan

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> i have open the folder windows i386,there i got sapinst and sap gui exe file.i have 32 bit os. its wrong or write.

it is correct - but it is no more possible to install on a 32bit OS, the system is too big for that. You need a 64bit OS.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thak you sir.

But before that i have installed 32 bit os. Thats y i confused sir. In sap ecc 4.7 brtools not availble in sidadm.How can i findout. otherwise what mistake is there. help me sir.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> But before that i have installed 32 bit os. Thats y i confused sir.

ERP 6.0 is too big for 32bit, 4.7 was not.

> In sap ecc 4.7 brtools not availble in sidadm.How can i findout. otherwise what mistake is there. help me sir.

then you were using a very old installation media.

4.7 is out of support.

If you want to learn, download the software available here on the SDN instead of trying to install obsolete software.

Markus