Did you mean: 

User Assigment to more Company Codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we use SRM 7.0 and we created an organization model as follows:

-

Company Code 1 -> Purchasing Organization 1 -> Purchasing Group 1

ORgUnit 1 -> User 1 (Central Person) -> Assigned Company Code 1 and Plant 1 (Extended Attributes)

-

Company Code 2 -> Purchasing Organization 2 -> Purchasing Group 2

OrgUnit 2 -> User 1 (Central Person) Assigned Company Code 2 and Plant 2 (Extended attributes)

-

Expected Behaviour

Because it's possible to assign the same user (central person) to both company codes I expected the user can buy for both company codes.

System Behaviour

1. If I lock in with user 1 and create a shopping cart the company code 1 is determined from the system but the company code 2 is not selectable.

2. If I assign the company code 2 additional to user 1 I can select the company code 2 but the system shows only the purchasing group 1 not the purchasing group 2.

Question: Whats wrong ???

Kind Regards

Hermann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hermann,

Are both these users in the same department? Or different departments?

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I assigned the central person below company code 1 and below company code 2. On level company code I assigned the R/3 company code in tab "Function". The only question is how I can achieve that the user can buy for more company codes.

Kind Regards

Hermann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try adding both the company code in the user's attribute?

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

yes - I assigned both company codes to the user attributes but if I change the company code to another one only the purchasing groups of the original company code are seletable not the purchasing groups of the changed company code.

Kind Regards

Hermann

Former Member
0 Kudos

What have you given in the 2 Purchasing groups' responsibility?

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Responsibiltiy

a) purchasing group 1: Company code 1

b) purchasing group 2: Company code 2

Kind Regards

Hermann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try giving the responsibility of both company codes to each Purch Grp.

Nikhil

former_member526144
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow below steps for cross company code purchasing.

1) Select the user for whom you want to assign both company codes.

2) assign both company codes under attributes tab for that particular user.

3) Please make sure that "resopnsiblity"assigned to company code1 within pgroup1 resopnsibility tab.

4) please repeat step3 for pgroup2.

thanks

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Company Code 1 -> Purchasing Organization 1 -> Purchasing Group 1 -> Responsibilty company code 1 + 2

-

Company Code 2 -> Purchasing Organization 2 -> Purchasing Group 2-> Responsibilty company code 1 + 2

-

Both company codes are assigned to user 1 attributes

-

Results in shopping cart

1. I log in with user 1

2. I changed the company code from 1 to 2

3. Purchasing groups 1 and 2 are selectable independent from company code

4. System allways said shopping cart o.k.

Problem

1. If I select company code 1 and purchasing goup 2 - because it's possible - the system determines purchasing organization 2 (field not visible in SC)

2. System reported - shopping cart o.k.

3. But in R/3 purchasing organization 2 is assigned to company code 2 not to company code 1

4. If I now try to create the PO (Carry out Sourcng) system says - purchasing organization 2 not allowed for company code 1.

Question: How it is possible to select only the purchasing groups for the entered SC company code ?

Kind Regards

former_member526144
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hermann,

If you want to procure for more than one company code then you should create Central Purchasing Organization rather than company code level.

Under Central Purchasing Org then you create Purchasing groups. You assign company codes within the responsibility tab for purchasing group1 (which ever purchasing group you wish).

Please note that you have created Purchasing Org under company code level so you can not use either purchasing org/group for any other company code. I would suggest you to create Central Purchasing Org then under that create purchasing groups so that it will be central purchasing groups for all company codes.

I hope you understand. Please try with this and let us know.

Answers (0)