Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CKM3 - PPV analysis: split between exchange rate effect and price effect

jody_mancini
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dears,

I need to verify how the purchase price variance (PPV) is calculated within the Material Ledger, specifically regarding the split between exchange rate effect and price effect.

I found transaction CKM3 that display the exchange rate difference and the price difference (I think total price difference = exchange rate effect + price effect), but I still have some open points:

- How CKM3 should works? I created some documents to test this transaction (goods receipt from purchase order and its invoice) creating a PPV with exchange rate effect and price effect (both) but in CKM3 the split is not shown, only the total PPV is shown at document level.

- Is there same specific procedure to be followed? Is there other steps to be done before CKM3 is executed in order to split the PPV?

and then

- Is CKM3 the best solution to analyze the PPV within Material Ledger?

Thanks and Regards,

Jody

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Adimallaiah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jody,

Plz refer the below web link which explain the Purchase price variance and exchange rate differences with example.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/EN/d2/cb4f09455611d189710000e8322d00/frameset.htm.

You can also go to the same link with (help.sap.com.) CO->PC->ML/AC->Posting Example.

CKM3 is the best solution for Material Price Analysis.

Thanks & Regards,

ADI

jody_mancini
Explorer
0 Kudos

Tnx Adi,

this link is very helpful, now I've an idea about how the data should be shown in CKM3.

But at the moment I replicated a similar case to the example mentioned in the link, and in CKM3 I see different values: all PPV amounts are only present in column "Price difference" without the part due to the exchange rate effect.

Do you know if I need to execute a preliminary step before to execute CKM3? Or is there something to be set-up in custominzing in order to allow the correct population of the exchange rate price difference?

Thanks & Regards,

Jody

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer SAP Note 908737. It details the OBYC settings that should be made and studying the same would let you know how the values are getting calculated.

Kind Regards // Shaubhik